Daniel + Danielle's Highlights (Michael and Tricia Films) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 5th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Daniel + Danielle's Highlights (Michael and Tricia Films)
Michael Curtis Michael Curtis is offline July 5th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Highlights from our 3rd wedding shot with the Canon 7D. A Canon XH-A1s was also used. Lenses used were Canon 28mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4, and Sigma 70-200mm 2.8. Your comments are welcome. Thanks!

Michael Curtis
New Boot
Views: 1505
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #2
Trustee

That was nice. Some refreshingly new camera techniques that I'm not used to seeing, and that I will promptly steal, hehe...I especially liked the quick zoom in to have subject in focus. I guess you're able to do that because of the DSLR.

Well edited, it kept my interest the whole way.

My only beef would be the damned tripod head. Throw it away and get a good one!
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #3
New Boot

Michael,

thanks for sharing your film. I really enjoyed everything about it. I only had one comment to share. And just a disclaimer, I'm not an event filmmaker. So I may be have no idea what I'm talking about.. just my opinion.

At 3:15, there appears to be a timelapse section with dancing. It's really cool, but when I was watching the video it kinda took me out of the flow. My attention was totally fixed on the story and music, and then I saw the timelapse, and it sorta jarred me back to reality. I tried to think of a reason why I felt that way.. perhaps:

1) This timelapse was the only one used in the video.. maybe I felt it was unexpected, and kinda incongruous to the rest of the video. Maybe if it were introduced earlier on by itself early on in the video, or if timelapse was used more than once, it wouldn't feel so surprising to me.

or

2) When the video dissolves out of the timelapse, it seems like there's a flash frame when the timelapse freezes on a frame..

Again, just my personal thoughts. I really enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.
Nik Kuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Nik, the dancing time lapse was more of an experiment, so it is helpful to hear your feedback that you felt it took you out of the story a bit. Thanks for your comments!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery