Super fun wedding with dual surprises from the bride & groom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Super fun wedding with dual surprises from the bride & groom
Susanto Widjaja Susanto Widjaja is offline July 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Hey guys,

its been a while since the last time I posted my work here.

Please enjoy this one. The bride and groom are such lovely people and we have had so much fun editing their wedding video. The funniest thing for this wedding was the fact that the bride and groom emailed us (and other vendors) separately telling us how they have a surprise for each other and asked us to be ready for it but not telling the other person about it. We had some good laughs with the other vendors throughout the day

PS: I actually left my monopod at home in the morning so had to use multirig (duh?) for the prep and ceremony until we picked it up on the way to the location shoot. I found myself stressing out while shooting without it.. can't live without monopod now... really...

Santo

Susanto Widjaja
Major Player
Views: 2710
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Beautiful! You do excellent work and this one was no exception! I always feel happy after watching one of your highlights.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks David!

I'm glad you felt happy. I'm certainly happy editing it :P the wedding is just so much fun. couldn't fit all of them there. Even the thriller dance barely made it in :P o well...

Last edited by Susanto Widjaja; July 29th, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
Susanto Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja View Post
PS: I actually left my monopod at home in the morning so had to use multirig (duh?) for the prep and ceremony until we picked it up on the way to the location shoot. I found myself stressing out while shooting without it.. can't live without monopod now... really...
I can relate to that Santo. On my last wedding job, I left my MBP at the bride's house after prep shot.. then left my monopod at the church after holy matrimony.. I had to rely on my Merlin & tripod during reception which was tiring. I picked up the whole thing only the day after because nobody was home/at church after we all left.. :(

Anyway, this video really rocks! I think you've done more than just documenting the wedding but also telling the story of the wedding, the couple, the surprises.. It really got me involved in it. This is one of your finest piece so far in my opinion. Great job!

Btw, out of curiosity, during the dances.. is it your request to turn off the light completely? And does the spotlight comes from your lighting or off the venue?
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi View Post
I can relate to that Santo. On my last wedding job, I left my MBP at the bride's house after prep shot.. then left my monopod at the church after holy matrimony.. I had to rely on my Merlin & tripod during reception which was tiring. I picked up the whole thing only the day after because nobody was home/at church after we all left.. :(

Anyway, this video really rocks! I think you've done more than just documenting the wedding but also telling the story of the wedding, the couple, the surprises.. It really got me involved in it. This is one of your finest piece so far in my opinion. Great job!

Btw, out of curiosity, during the dances.. is it your request to turn off the light completely? And does the spotlight comes from your lighting or off the venue?
Thanks johannes, I try my best to be a good storyteller :)

The lighting came from the venue. I don't have lighting that big. but the spotlight actually destroyed the image with blownout highlights on the middle subject. I don't like spotlights...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery