Patrick + Chelsea | Highlights | Serendipity Studios - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 16th, 2010, 06:21 PM  
Patrick + Chelsea | Highlights | Serendipity Studios
Travis Cossel Travis Cossel is offline November 16th, 2010, 06:21 PM

We couldn't have been happier that Patrick and Chelsea's wedding was one of the last we filmed before relocating to Miami, Florida. Both of them are just the nicest people and they are so into each other and had such a beautiful wedding day. It was our pleasure to be a part of it.

Patrick is a huge U of I Vandals fan and had the socks to prove. One of my favorite shots of the day was the shot of his socks. I also loved during their first meet when Chelsea chose to pinch Patrick's butt instead of doing the usual tap on the shoulder. It was all her idea, because it's something she does to Patrick all the time. How appropriate!

We also had the cottonwood trees in full pollination that day, which was a challenge on the sinuses but made for some spectacular shots. Enjoy!

Travis Cossel
Inner Circle
Views: 3394
Old November 26th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Sigmund | Thanks for watching!

Stelios | I've tried out a few different follow focus attachments but I prefer to just focus without them. I like to just focus via the focus ring on the lens. But then I also shoot handheld a lot and most people find they can't be steady enough. So I would say try it out and if it's not working for you then try out a follow-focus.
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #17
Major Player

Nice work Travis. Great use of the glidetrack and Merlin. Particularly liked the shot at 1min! Very polished throughout. Just one observation that I think would have made the piece even more engaging and that is more use of vocals throughout to hold attention, or maybe my attention span is not what it used to be!

Great work.:)

Cheers.
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #18
Major Player

Beautiful work, but the amazing cinematography is definitely the strongest point for me.
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #19
Inner Circle

John | Thanks for watching and for the comments. That's a fair statement regarding the use of natural audio in the piece. Our core product is our short form, so with our highlights videos we try to really limit the use of natural audio. In fact, in the past our goal for the highlights was to be more of a 'music video' style.

That said, we are currently altering our editing style a bit to try and incorporate more natural audio into our highlights. The trick is for us to keep them distinct from the short forms, so we're experimenting slowly. We just finished up a highlights for a wedding at the Ritz in California, and it has multiple segments of natural audio and I think it works really well. We'll post it on here in the next couple of weeks and I'd love to hear what you think. I think you'll like it. d;-)

Dimitris | Thank you for watching! I'm glad you enjoyed the cinematography!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery