I Believe this is the largest Wedding film production in the UK - Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:21 AM  
Cinematic Wedding Trailer - Big Production using cranes, steadicams etc
Pete James Pete James is offline November 23rd, 2010, 10:21 AM

Mandi & Manjit's Wedding Trailer.
This is the Trailer from what I believe to be the largest scale wedding film produced in the UK( not including the Royal ones) please correct me if I'm wrong,

It took 5 crew, 2 cranes, 2 steacicams Glidetrack shooter and a host of other kit, Edited with Adobe CS5 Premiere and After efects using a myriad of plugins.

Last edited by Pete James; November 23rd, 2010 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: I think a little re wording was in order!

Pete James
New Boot
Views: 4033
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #16
Inner Circle

First and foremost, I loved the way this trailer built up to the end. Overall I thought you did a great job. Was it perfect? No, but for me there wasn't anything that really bothered me except for maybe the slow zooms (just not my thing). Nice work!

I noticed you mentioned you spent 20 hours in post on this, so I couldn't help but go see what you charge for a trailer. 200 pounds divided by 20 hours leaves you making 15/hr. I loved the trailer but you need to be charging more (in my opinion) for something like this.
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #17
New Boot

Hi Ethan,

A lot of what you said is obviously personal preference and opinion, I agree with the grade comments in places, the car shot maybe not too creative, but not totally out of place, and the zooms were done in post to flow with the music, zoom is used in cinema and if i see it in a film, it doesnt say 'video' to me!

The steadicam shot isnt perfect, had i had an empty room to shoot would have been tho, try filming perfectly on a 20 hour shoot filming at 6 locations with over 800 guests organising 4 crew and dodging 4 photographers all in one day!

That said, thanks for putting your points to me concisley.

Best Regards

Pete
Pete James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
First and foremost, I loved the way this trailer built up to the end. Overall I thought you did a great job. Was it perfect? No, but for me there wasn't anything that really bothered me except for maybe the slow zooms (just not my thing). Nice work!

I noticed you mentioned you spent 20 hours in post on this, so I couldn't help but go see what you charge for a trailer. 200 pounds divided by 20 hours leaves you making 15/hr. I loved the trailer but you need to be charging more (in my opinion) for something like this.
Hi Travis,

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I will achieve perfection one day!!!;0)
I'd like to pick up on your point about the charge for the trailer, as it was a good one!!
You are absolutely right, the charge for this has no correlation to the amount of work involved, but there is a reason for this.... I haven't spent a penny on advertising since September 2008 and the sole reason for this is the trailers, as soon as they are online, I can guarntee enquiries will come flooding in. For example 2 days after this trailer was released I had an enquiry for another Sikh wedding worth £7500 which I am due to complete on next week.

So I see the work I put into them as a form of paying for advertising, and it's worked a treat so far.

All the Best, btw Love your work

Pete
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Two jibs? You're an animal, Pete. Kudos for the level of ambition. I'm glad to see you got to shoot Mandi's event, I felt bad we coudn't make it work for her, very sweet couple. I also agree with others here that you need to charge more for your services. Clients should value your time and effort, but they can't until you value it first. Don't be afraid to be firm. I'm planning a trip to the UK next year, I look forward to meeting up. Congrats also on launching Wedfilm Academy. Hope it does well for you.

Cheers,
-K
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:30 PM   #20
New Boot

no words to say anythink. Its too good man. I love ur shooting and editing

Thanks For sharing with us. If u get chance to learn from u i naver missed it
Sunni Bhandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #21
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shahinian View Post
Two jibs? You're an animal, Pete. Kudos for the level of ambition. I'm glad to see you got to shoot Mandi's event, I felt bad we coudn't make it work for her, very sweet couple. I also agree with others here that you need to charge more for your services. Clients should value your time and effort, but they can't until you value it first. Don't be afraid to be firm. I'm planning a trip to the UK next year, I look forward to meeting up. Congrats also on launching Wedfilm Academy. Hope it does well for you.

Cheers,
-K
Hi Kevin,

Yeah it was quite a challenge, the biggest of my career so far, managed to pull it off, and they are chuffed with the results, as you said lovely couple, Mandi is so matter of fact she's so funny, her humour kept me going over the 18 hours of shooting!

Prices are allways a contencious issue, and I do try to keep them in direct correlation with the work rate, so I'm getting there slowly!

Do you have any dates for your UK visit, and do you still have plans we talked about before? If so, would be more than happy to help out with the project and promote it through WedFilm Academy.

Back to work, the mountain just got to kilimonjaro level now there is two businesses to run!!

All the Best

Pete
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #22
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni Bhandal View Post
no words to say anythink. Its too good man. I love ur shooting and editing

Thanks For sharing with us. If u get chance to learn from u i naver missed it
Hi Sunni,

Thanks for the kind words, and Im pleased to say you have a chance to learn from me with my new company Wedfilm Academy, check out the site and if you like what you see you can sign up for it.

Best Regards

Pete
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #23
Major Player

Excellent edit and consistent build makes an entertaining viewing.

Only thing I that took me out of the enjoyment of it was the grading, some shots looked really well graded and some seemed almost straight out of the camera. I didn't mind so much the different grades but more that, going from some real punchy images and then flat shots. but that's about it.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #24
New Boot

Hi Peter,

Appologies for spoiling your enjoyment, Im having a little bit of a hard time colour correcting from 5 camera sources, i'll get there in the end!!
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Hi Guy and Videomakers collegue,Pete James is one of the best Wedding videomaker I saw here, you can see that every work he made is always very good for shooting, music,if you like epic style,and editing too.
Now with Wed Academy web site, with Richard, he made another great Job for all,newbie and not.
I like the Pete and Richard work a lot.
Gianni from Italy.
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery