First Wedding shot on DSLR last July... Anne & Cameron at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #1
First Wedding shot on DSLR last July... Anne & Cameron
Ryan Czaplinski Ryan Czaplinski is offline April 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM

I have shot a lot since this time, but this was my test run couple using DSLR for my wedding videography. Quite a few brides have said they cry when they watch it because it was emotional for them. I tell them that's the best comment I could receive.

I know on a technical level there aren't many dolly shots and big wide angles, but I go for more close up and intimate shots and aim to hopefully make people feel like they were a part of it even though they weren't there. Of course I have learned a ton since this time, but I don't think it was a bad first run! The couple wanted to feature the song that was in there. Many couples really want music they are familiar with and it's hard to incorporate royalty free stuff as much as I prefer using it. I know many Wedding highlights contain copyrighted music and shouldn't beat myself up over it too much, but still, you know...

It was very interesting transitioning from using a traditional professional camcorder to DSLR, but I absolutely love it despite the "limitations".

Enjoy!

Ryan Czaplinski
Regular Crew
Views: 1792
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: First Wedding shot on DSLR last July... Anne & Cameron

Nice job. Just don't let brides tell you what songs to use. Make 2 versions of the video. One with her song for her own personal video and the other with a song you feel best portrays your work. I recently had a bride that wanted to use a really bad country song for her Trailer. So I made her a copy with that song, but no way that was going on my website.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Michael-

The hard thing with that is finding 2 songs that would universally work well with the edited piece, otherwise you might be editing twice to match the feel of the music.

For next year I think i'll be pulling that option from my packages and if they bring it up then maybe it could be discussed, but otherwise I won't bring it up initially, hehe.

I had a wedding like that where they insisted on one song and I was just thinking in my head, "That song wouldn't accurately represent the day well." The song I wanted to use was more upbeat and not in the particular genre they wanted, but somehow I made it work and they did love it. Sometimes stuff like that can add a whole other level of dynamic that could ruin the original vision since music does play a pretty big role in the highlight cut process.
Ryan Czaplinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Czaplinski View Post
Michael-

The hard thing with that is finding 2 songs that would universally work well with the edited piece, otherwise you might be editing twice to match the feel of the music.

For next year I think i'll be pulling that option from my packages and if they bring it up then maybe it could be discussed, but otherwise I won't bring it up initially, hehe.

I had a wedding like that where they insisted on one song and I was just thinking in my head, "That song wouldn't accurately represent the day well." The song I wanted to use was more upbeat and not in the particular genre they wanted, but somehow I made it work and they did love it. Sometimes stuff like that can add a whole other level of dynamic that could ruin the original vision since music does play a pretty big role in the highlight cut process.
Initially edit it to the song that you choose. Her song is going to ruin it anyway.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:49 AM   #5
Major Player

Good job however i agree with Michael on this one..although its probably more work to edit a second trailer , it should be well worth it... Cheers

Kren
Vertical Video Works* Winnipeg Wedding Videography
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

hey what equipment did you use? specifically the stabilization system?
Victor Boyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Simons View Post
Initially edit it to the song that you choose. Her song is going to ruin it anyway.
It's a toughie, I know, but I would think client first, portfolio second.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery