Sopranos spoof wedding intro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:51 AM   #16
Inner Circle

I haven't seen the sopranos either but looking at the original must say you did a great job, I wish I had a client asking me for something like this. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:47 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Waters View Post
And I would have got the final shot head on just like the real thing too.
Yeah, I tried it, but I couldn't see a damn thing through the Hummer's windshield. Didn't have time or room on the street to try and position the car so that the light would work, so I opted for the side shot.

Quote:
If he had been told to look like he was rushing to get home it woulda played into the mood of Tony in the Intro as well cause the shot of his face as he gets out of the car is priceless.
It never occurred to me that Tony was in a hurry to get home. It is a good look on his face, though, hehe...

Thanks,
Vito
Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:48 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I haven't seen the sopranos either but looking at the original must say you did a great job, I wish I had a client asking me for something like this. :)
Thanks, Noa.

Yeah, it was nice to have something different to do that day, and fun to shoot and edit it as well.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I think it's great and I wouldn't cut the length. I think the whole point is that it has the same look, feel and tempo as the original. Those who know the real main title well will appreciate it.

Where did you get the alternative audio track? On the show the lyrics are in the second person ("you") while in your version they're in first person ("I").

Great job.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
I think it's great and I wouldn't cut the length. I think the whole point is that it has the same look, feel and tempo as the original. Those who know the real main title well will appreciate it.

Where did you get the alternative audio track? On the show the lyrics are in the second person ("you") while in your version they're in first person ("I").

Great job.
Thanks, Adam. I watched it a few more times after some mentioned it was too long, but have to say I agree with you. I think it's better the same length as the real one.

There seem to be several versions of the song. I downloaded a few, and felt lucky to get one that was the same length and feel as in the TV show. I never did find the actual version they use.
Old September 30th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #21
Regular Crew

I watched yours and then, never before seeing the Sopranos, watched theirs. For the first few seconds in the tunnel I thought I had switched back to yours! Great stuff, the song being diffrent I think adds a little more diffrence to the parody and contrasts nicely. I did very much like the shot of the Hummer's wheel spinning. But was the girl in the...McDonalds? laughing at you guys?
Joshua Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #22
Trustee

Hi Joshua,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Fernandez View Post
But was the girl in the...McDonalds? laughing at you guys?
I think they were laughing at us a bit, but also somewhat embarrassed to have a camera stuck in their faces at 9am on a Saturday. They were very good natured about it, though.

Glad you liked it...
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Hey, I understand, had the same reaction from my own footage stealing. I just wanted to know if it was staged or not. Great ambiance stuff.
Joshua Fernandez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques