Expanding to Photography - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #16
Major Player

I really agree with what bill and patrick had to say. I am just now in the process of adding on photo....note that I say PROCESS. We do not want to be one of those "we do photo/video/dj/flowers and cakes" vendors. I will always be head of our videography but my wife is pursuing her passion to do photography....so she will be head of photo. We're each dedicated to our own and therefore can produce a product that is of the highest quality. She is taking more courses now to gain more technical knowledge, working as a second shooter for some other photogs this year, and we're dumping lots of money into it this year so that we can start out doing it right. We're not even offering it until we have all the equipment we want/need and have a good portfolio built up. The good part is, with photo, I think it's easier to find work and people to build up your portfolio than it is with video. And now that we have a good solid business and reputation with the videography, it'll be easier to add the photo and gain respect for what she's doing....much quicker than building from the ground up.

Also, I always think there will be a place for great photographers. There will be plenty of people in the future that will use good HD cameras and offer photos from those but I doubt it will ever be the same. Great photography is definitely an art and I think some aspects of what makes a good photographer will be lost by just using images from HD video. If done well, they are two completely different things.

Good luck!!!
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques