Our First Boracay Wedding - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 13th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #16
Major Player

Raph, I have no idea how long you've been doign this for but my hats off you to you.

You seem to be taking some great ideas that I've seen in other's work but adding your own flavour and style to it. Very nice.

My only gripe woudl be to watch the vignetting on the wide angle glidecam setup, not that it hurts the video in any way; it is just a minor distraction imo.
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #17
Still Motion

Love the shooting and unique style- it isn't often you see something so out of sync with what the rest of us are doing, and that is a great thing. The pacing was also excellent.

Couple things I noticed:

-the storyline was rather lacking, in my opinion. It looked like it went from different parts of the wedding, to a love story, or perhaps a day after shoot- regardless I didn't feel a cohesive narrative and it is hard to watch all the way through without that in my opinion. The interest when watching it for the 3rd , 4th, 9th, 10th time all take a big hit without that story that pulls you in, I find.

-the exposure also seemed to be a bit all over the place. Some shots were under, others were quite over (some on the beach), and a good pile were right on, but I think it was more pronounced with how fast the clip moved and the split screen.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
Thanks for sharing.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #18
Major Player

Filipinos Reprezent!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hi Michael! We're actually looking for a replacement for the .55 raynox wide angle snap on lens that we're using. It's actually made for the FX7 and we're using a step down ring so that it could fit but it produces that unwanted vignette.
Anybody here can recommend a good wide angle lens with a similar effect to the one we're using and made for the FX1?

Hi Patrick! Thank you so much for the comments! We needed that for the improvement of our work! For the overexposed scenes especially the glide parts in the beach, we intentionally shot it that way since we find it cool and surreal! For the underexposed ones, those were unintentional since the pressure was building up to show the video in time during the reception so our bad. ^_^

Hi Boss Jayz! :p Thank's for dropping by!
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #20
Major Player

Raph, Now i see the 62-72mm problem you have, have you tried looking @ the semi-fish and wide angles offered by century optics or even perhaps 16x9 inc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua View Post
Filipinos Reprezent!
Uhoh Jason, I am almost.... almost temped to start a Canadians represent thread... ;)
Old February 14th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Hi Michael! Yep, we're still looking for other options. Eventually we would find one. In the meanwhile, we might just have to make use of the raynox lens :(
Raphael Jamil Pranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Raphael, have you seen this Century Optics wide adapter?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ide_Angle.html
Ian Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #23
Major Player

Great video Raphael and definitely different. I was so amazed by the pace, glide, color and clarity that I didn't register the problems with the video : ).

two questions:
1) did you make the color changes in post? or did you change the settings on the camera?
2) for the shot down the isle, were you running with the glidecam? great shot but I imagine you would look a little out of place...it looked like you were on wheels!

Love the transitions...Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Very nice video, I loved the Steve Mcqueen picture in picture, or was that the mod squad.

I was a little lost on the timeline, but that maybe because of the uniqueness of the ceremony, it seemed to span over atleast one full day. I dunno.

Ofcourse, the advantage for that video is the scenery as well as having a bride and groom that wanted to have more filmed than the usual.

Good video, I liked it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques