Anybody feel business is hard to get this year? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anybody feel business is hard to get this year?

I don't know if it's just me or the economy has started affected our profession. But this year it is really hard to get both leads and contracts. Anybody else out there feels the same? Any solutions?
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Major Player

Hard to find a recession proof business!
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Things are about the same for me this year as last year, which is good because I raised my prices again this year. That said, it's just tough to get video business, that's for sure.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

This year is busier for me than last... but so far next year is going to be tough. I only have one booking, compared to the 10 I had last year at this time of year for the current year. Hoping something changes... my income is building our new home (or atleast carrying us through the double mortgage payments).
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Major Player

I have actually noticed the opposite. I've put a little more time into the business than I did last year, but I'm seeing HUGE growth. It's slow right now for booking and inquiries but it was last year too. We also raised our prices a lot over the past year and just from feb-march we booked a lot of weddings at that new price. So far I haven't seen any affect on us due to a fear of recession. We'll see by the end of summer , but I don't think things will drastically change.
My advice would be to use the time to make your business stronger. Find new ways to get your work out and advertise and you will do fine! If we really are in a recession over the next year or so, the strong will survive and the small time , cheap guys will not be able to keep a profitable business.
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques