Which printer do you use for disc printing? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #31
Major Player

This is a great thread.. are disc printing options for Mac OS X similar to the PC software side? Do most printers use bundled software to print discs? I'm a heavy Photoshop user, so, wondering how I'd get the work I create in Photoshop to print...
Christopher Ruffell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Ruffell View Post
This is a great thread.. are disc printing options for Mac OS X similar to the PC software side? Do most printers use bundled software to print discs? I'm a heavy Photoshop user, so, wondering how I'd get the work I create in Photoshop to print...
I use the Epson R800 with excellent results on Watershield (primarily) and other media. Epson printers include the disc printing software which labels and imports images. It's very flexible software and capable of anything.

I use Photoshop also. I typically edit the image and then import the edited image with the Epson Print CD software. You can set up a template in Photoshop (search for directions, plenty available) to print from, but it is not worth the effort IMO.

My system is color calibrated and the Epson Print CD software does not impart any color drift, allowing precise color management.

TY Watershield discs allow accurate and vibrant color reproduction. The silver surface media also look great for appropriate projects, but the lack of being water resistant is usually a deal breaker.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 02:20 PM   #33
Major Player

Re: Which printer do you use for disc printing?

I use the canon pixma IP4700 for disc printing. When printing an paper it's good but printing on disc is mostly not.

I know now that disc printing is using the little black color. But after 1 or 2 tries the colors are again washed out on disc. I already cleaned the printer.

So maybe I better purchase something new and different. Are there currently single disc printers out here?
I can still use the canon printer for paper but I prefer printing on disc with something different.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques