Greece Wedding Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 12th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #16
Regular Crew

That was very inspirational and unique. Amazing job Kevin!!! I have watched it maye 5-7 times already. Looks like you guys also had a blast shooting it there :).
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm elated that it inspires you, Karim. Thanks so much for watching. It was a great time & certainly a labor of love.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Kevin,

Nicely done. I'd love to know how you managed your equipment, logistically. Was the important gear in your carry-on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shahinian View Post
I'm continually humbled by all of your work. I finally dare to post a clip of our own. A Hollywood-inspired 'movie trailer' for a destination wedding we shot in Santorini, Greece last summer.

Enjoy: Santorini Wedding Trailer on Vimeo
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #19
Regular Crew

It was tricky but quite an adventure. I had 2 main cams (A1s) in my carry-on (in my lap most of flight ;) and a third cam in a checked bag, heavily padded & flanked by tripods.

Sneaking the carry-on passed attendants at each connection was quite the covert maneuver. On the twin engine to the island it almost didnt make it. I'm at the overhead, trying to get it to fit but it's just not happening... Everyone's waiting... I'm sweating... An attendant barks "CHECK THE BAG!"... Starts toward me, reaches up (cue slow motion)... when it FINALLY fits & I take my seat. I must admit, at times I felt like a drug smuggler.

Last edited by Kevin Shahinian; September 14th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.
Kevin Shahinian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques