Greece Wedding Intro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Greece Wedding Intro

A big thanks to all who watched and commented on the trailer... With such a great response (& requests!) I thought I would share the opening sequence of the feature-length version (first 3 minutes) of the wedding we shot in Santorini, Greece last summer. In keeping with the Hollywood motif, the idea was to create a real 'movie' feel... It was a beautiful setting & we couldn't help but include a brief montage of the island. Hopefully we did it justice.

Enjoy!

Santorini Wedding Intro on Vimeo
Old September 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

greece wedding

Kevin very good I like it seems like its got a cinematic feel to it original for sure
i'm sure the couple will love it!! well done

Shawn
Shawn Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #3
New Boot

Santorini wedding intro

Hi Kevin, great intro, vivid videography, and splended music,Can you tell me what is the music that you used please? I love that type of music very much.

regards Paul from Malta.
Paul Xuereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Great compliments - thanks, guys.

Paul, we do a lot of digging to find the right mix of film & orchestral score for each piece. I suggest finding a favorite composer and listening to all of his or her work for inspiration, not just the most notable cue or melody. You never know what you'll find... Good luck!
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shahinian View Post
A big thanks to all who watched and commented on the trailer... With such a great response (& requests!) I thought I would share the opening sequence of the feature-length version (first 3 minutes) of the wedding we shot in Santorini, Greece last summer. In keeping with the Hollywood motif, the idea was to create a real 'movie' feel... It was a beautiful setting & we couldn't help but include a brief montage of the island. Hopefully we did it justice.

Enjoy!

Santorini Wedding Intro on Vimeo
Impressive folly work with the radio traffic. Did you use a scanner to pick up that traffic, or is that stock audio?

The visuals are, of course, amazing. I was particularly impressed with the establishing shots of the island buildings on top of the cliffs.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:50 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Jason. Sound is so important to the experience and often easy to neglect.

Some of the tower chatter was actually me (!) and some we found in a library. (Amazing what a little high pass filter can do...)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques