DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/137065-wedding-trailer.html)

Patrick Moreau November 3rd, 2008 07:28 PM

Great imagery Joe. The story seemed a little disconnected overall, which is even more of a shame with such strong visuals. I think a mild VO in there could have started to tie it together but I can understand if you are going for a simpler approach with a trailer.

P.

SiuChung Leung November 3rd, 2008 08:00 PM

What a 'WOW' video and I can learn a lot from that!!! It is happy to see anyone who put such a effort into a wedding. Wedding Video like this will encourage more couple to choose Wedding Video service, also encourage other wedding videographer go one step further. It great to see a wedding video at this level. Thank you very much!

Joe Simon November 4th, 2008 09:27 AM

Travis - We're lucky that most of the weddings we shoot take place at one location. We can get there early before the B&G arrives. We then do bridal preps on location. We do get some church weddings but with those I work with the B&G where they are doing the preps and send the rest of my team to get the shots needed at the church location. I do understand when you have multiple locations it makes it a lot harder to work with this setup. Especially hard when you are working with Catholic churches that do 3 or so ceremonies in one day!

Carl- Thanks for the comments. The brides room footage was all natural light. There is a big window that lets in just the right amount of lighting contrast. Also a lot of the look in those shots is from the 35 adaptor and the CC work we did.

We use the Audio-Technica - 4073A shotgun mic. I love it, it gets amazing sound.
The shot in the grooms room was done handheld, it was the perfect moment to get a natural reaction. A bit of luck and a bit of anticipating the moment.
I created my own Magic Bullet present for this piece. Throughout the edit I changed the settings constantly. I spent a few hours just on CC tweaking each clip.

Patrick - Thanks for the comments. Your a great inspiration, and your work is amazing! I hope to reach the level of art you guys create someday!

Can you explain a little more about how the story seems disconnected? Your the second person to mention this so I'd love to hear any other insight that could help. I didn't think about adding in a VO and I can see how that could add emotion. Maybe something from the ceremony? When I'm working on these trailers I really focus on beautiful shots to tell the story. Thanks!

Anthony Sellitti November 10th, 2008 06:38 PM

Absolutely beautiful. I think it's perfect.

What music is that in there Joe? It's great!

Art Varga November 14th, 2008 01:43 PM

Joe - curious what do you use for a monitor on your crane? I can set up and breakdown my Skycrane pretty fast but setting up the monitor takes some time.

Art

Tim Kay November 17th, 2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Simon (Post 959411)
Travis - We're lucky that most of the weddings we shoot take place at one location. We can get there early before the B&G arrives. We then do bridal preps on location. We do get some church weddings but with those I work with the B&G where they are doing te use the Audio-Technica - 4073A shotgun mic. I love it, it gets amazing sound.
The shot in the grooms room was done handheld, it was the perfect moment to get a natural reaction. A bit of luck and a bit of anticipating the moment.
I created my own Magic Bullet present for this piece. Throughout the edit I changed the settings constantly. I spent a few hours just on CC tweaking each clip.

Patrick - Thanks for the comments. Your a great inspiration, and your work is amazing! I hope to reach the level of art you guys create someday!

Can you explain a little more about how the story seems disconnected? Your the second person to mention this so I'd love to hear any other insight that could help. I didn't think about adding in a VO and I can see how that could add emotion. Maybe something from the ceremony? When I'm working on these trailers I really focus on beautiful shots to tell the story. Thanks!

I'd like to throw my compliments out there as well for a job Well Done.

May we inquire to what a quote for a job this size is ?

Joe Simon November 18th, 2008 10:24 PM

Art - I don't use a monitor on the crane. We are using the XHA1's and just tilt the onboard LCD so we can see what we are framing. At weddings everything goes by so quick we don't have time to set up a monitoring system.

Andy - Thanks for the kind words. The weddings we do that have both the crane and 35 adaptor start at $4500.

Art Varga November 21st, 2008 11:09 AM

Joe - thats what I was hoping to hear regarding the crane. I'll have to practice the point and shoot method - and get a better pair of glasses to see the A1 LCD from 6 feet away:)

Thanks - Art