Businesses Combined - New Website up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Businesses Combined - New Website up

Hey all. My wife and I just combined our businesses (she's a photographer). We still have a lot to finish up, but the new website is basically 95%+ done, so take a peek if you like:

Serendipity Studios - Cinematography & Photography That is Beyond Ordinary
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Travis, site looks great...Although when I see the "seniors" section I thought "that girl isn't even CLOSE to being 65 yrs old! then I realized what seniors meant. lol.

Also gotta say I love your demo reel, really good work man.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Inner Circle

lol .. you aren't the only one who get's the seniors thing backwards. Thanks for checking things out and for the compliments!
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Travis,

awesome site. I was poking around the "cinema" section. The Save the Date video was bad a**.... I really enjoyed everything about it...

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Major Player

hi hi

nice site, definitely looks worthy of $$$

one comment though, I can't seem to go back to the landing page when I'm on either seniors or weddings. I'd love to have a back button somewhere so that I can go from seniors to wedding.

and the term "seniors" kinda confused me hahaha.. but its personal opinion i guess.

all in all... all the best of luck for all of yous!!!

Santo
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Trustee

Travis

Really one of the best elegant sites I have seen. Loved it. Also, as Susanto said it would have been nice to be able to navigate back to the original "home" place.
and you must be proud to have a talented as well as pretty wife.

Stelios
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Stephen - Thanks!

Susanto/Stelios - Unfortunately these designs are based on templates and there is no option to add a 'return to splash page' type button.

Susanto - You aren't the first to be a bit thrown off by 'seniors'. d;-)

Stelios - I'm very grateful for the wife I have and her talents. I'm very blessed!
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #8
Regular Crew

From what I could see the site looks great.
Unfortunately, I am camping right now and am trying to browse the site using the campgrounds hotspot and even though I am getting a "very good" signal (I am sitting right in the campground lobby), I was unable to see any of the video or even navigate the site with much success.
The few pages I did see were fabulous and are obviously geared to the upscale client who is probably viewing at home with a super speed connection and not some hick at a campground! If you were targeting a moderate to budget client base (which I am guessing you are not) you might want look into something more wireless internet friendly.
I am not trying to criticize, as I know your work to be outstanding, I just thought you might want to know the limitations of the site.
Mark Ganglfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:04 AM   #9
Trustee

Hey Travis,

Nice site. Looks professional and elegant.

Some navigation issues, though, which could be difficult for prospective customers.

For example:

In the portrait section, if I click on 'home' I expect to get to the welcome page, but it takes me back to the first portrait page.

If I try to use the 'back' button to get to the welcome page, it brings me through the pages I've already clicked through first, which is unusual for flash in my experience.

Typically, your logo should be a link to the home page. Anyway to enable this?

I find the 'accolades' link a bit strange, and maybe redundant since you have a 'reviews' section, which is more useful.

I find the 'details' section redundant as well, since you have all that info in the 'about' link.

Is it because the template gives you too many links, and you didn't know what to do with them?

Sites that start up with music always bug me. If I'm surfing at night with everyone asleep, I hate it when I have to shut off music in a panic. Or if I use headphones, I always get a heart attack when it starts up unexpectedly. But no one seems to agree with me on this...

Anyway, great site.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
Sites that start up with music always bug me. If I'm surfing at night with everyone asleep, I hate it when I have to shut off music in a panic. Or if I use headphones, I always get a heart attack when it starts up unexpectedly. But no one seems to agree with me on this...

Anyway, great site.
Yes sometimes I also get irritated especially, as you said, at night when everyone is asleep and you have to quickly turn the speakers off.
On the other hand, music is very essential in our type of business and therefore to include it in your web site is necessary.

Stelios
Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Mark - Thanks for the comments. We are indeed targeting a more refined market.

Vito - I appreciate all the comments and the time you took to go through the site and make notes; very much appreciated. Unfortunately most of the things you mentioned are things I can't change due to the template structure (logo being a link, etc.). The accolades page is actually not quite finished yet, and it's going to be our area to toot our horn about accomplishments and awards that are separate from the praise our couples give us. The reviews section is specifically for couples. The music thing, I get it, but I do like having music on there. I thought more people surfed with the volume down if they didn't want to make noise (ie - at work or at home late at night).
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:39 AM   #12
Major Player

Looks classy, I like it!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM   #13
Major Player

Clean and sharp! Great start as a venture!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM   #14
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Unfortunately most of the things you mentioned are things I can't change due to the template structure (logo being a link, etc.).
Yeah, I figured it was probably something like that. Doesn't matter, it's a great site anyway.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM   #15
Major Player

great news Travis

Why have one when you can do both

GOOD LUCK

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques