When some wedding guests can be rude. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 4th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #31
Major Player

I remember when I was working as an AV tech in the late 80s, we always have waiters passing through our front projection set-up. I use to tell the Captain waiter that due to the powerful (250 ANSI Lumen) rays, it can cause infertility. They avoid the beam like a plague upon hearing that.
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
I remember when I was working as an AV tech in the late 80s, we always have waiters passing through our front projection set-up. I use to tell the Captain waiter that due to the powerful (250 ANSI Lumen) rays, it can cause infertility. They avoid the beam like a plague upon hearing that.
lol! Sweet!
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Tucker View Post
...About every 40 seconds they would send waiters to tap on my shoulder and give me their messages. Tap..tap..tap...so and so said...'. You get the idea...
This drives me nuts. I hate it when the audience sends the waiter over while you are shooting. i understand they are the messenger but come on, i don't tap on them while they are serving food to the guests, why is it appropriate for them to tap on us while we are shooting...
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #34
Regular Crew

I was shooting at a private residence the other day when someone approached me and introduced himself as a ex-bigtime videographer-producer. It started off as a freindly conversation about gear, but then turned into how people like me with digital cameras put him and his $20,000 analog camera out of business. When I asked him why he didn't just buy a digital camera he started complaining that he already spent his money on the $20,000 analog one.
After missing a decent shot of the bride (fortunately not a "must have" shot) I excused myself and walked away. A few seconds later I came back to where my equipment bag was and witnessed the father of the bride reaming out the wedding crasher who I thought was a relative (he was just a next door neighbor) and kicking him off the property.
Mark Ganglfinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques