Recording Sound via Alternate Source - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 14th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #16
Regular Crew

oh well, i forgot to include that ... it should be handy and portable. :) coz after the wedding i have to get it back as fast as i can since i only have 1 assistant to do the job or else, we'll be left behind the church and miss the reception shoot...that's where the foods are :) thanks keith
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Silva Jr.
Well thanks, i thought this unit does record in different tracks and i can mix it in post...thanks again. any unit like that, that i can record different track like, voice, guitar, piano, so i can minimize levels of each instrument?
There are a number but not for $300 <grin> If you have a current laptop you could get a firewire based multitrack audio interface and record direct to hard drive. OR you go first class with something like the 10 track Deva V .. http://www.zaxcom.com/audio/deva5.shtml for a mere 14 kilobucks. Edirol and Fostex have some true multitracks between 1 and 2k, Sound Devices has the 744 4 track for about 8k. zzsounds.com and sweetwater.com have large selections of reasonablly priced options to investigate.

You might want to think about the audio interface and laptop option I mentioned. I'm researching the same purchase decisions and that's looking like a very cost effective way to go.
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #18
Capt. Quirk

Leonardo- what I meant by "not overly portable", is the fact that you need a wall recepticle to power it. Other than that, yes, it is rather small, about the size of a book. If you should lose power while recording, you will lose all unsaved audio. I used mine for several shoots, and only had trouble one time... when the bands equipment kept tripping the circuit breakers, causing the power to go out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques