How many pros here are still shooting weddings primarily with the FX1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #16
Trustee

Robert, I completely agree. A certain amount of flashes going off gives a "live" look to a video. When you want to minimize it, you can use filters or manually edit a frame. You can take the brightness way down in a flash affected frame and even though the detail is gone because the frame was overexposed due to the flash, you don't miss the detail in a single frame. It's important to set the timeline to show absolute frames and expand the timeline enough to see each individual frame if you want to do this. With the brightness reduced in the affected frame, you don't see the flash when you render the clip. You can even mask and adjust a fraction of a frame that you can get with CMOS rolling shutter.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #17
Trustee

Posted in error, can't find a delete finction
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM   #18
Major Player

i believe JMag still primarily shoots with the FX1...If its good enough for Jason Magbanua its good enough for me!
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren Barnes View Post
i believe JMag still primarily shoots with the FX1...If its good enough for Jason Magbanua its good enough for me!
That brings up a good point. It's tempting for some who may be insecure to pose in the picture with their equipment rather than the other way around. It's as if they are using their equipment as "proof" of their skill. A real pro can shine with some pretty basic equipment. That's not to say that they can't do even more with good equipment. The other way around is a different story. Good equipment doesn't fix anything for someone who doesn't know how to use it.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques