License and Royalty free music - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #16
New Boot

Thanks for the info Patrick. We do have the occasional bride who's looking for music with an indie feel but the majority of my brides want music they are familiar with. I looked further into the Songfreedom company and it looks like they're going to offer a mix of popular music and some up and coming artists from major labels. You mentioned that Withetiquette is planning to diversify at some point...but will this include songs like "Hey Soul Sister" and "I'm Yours" like Songfreedom is? I couldn't find pricing on your website but I know that Songfreedom is offering their entire library for less than $75 a month...are you doing something comparable?
Aaron Blackwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #17
Major Player

tunesociety.com

If you want great music that doesn't sound like 'canned' production music, Tune Society (www.tunsociety.com) is a great place to purchase/license music. It's all royalty free and easy to use.

I've used it for several productions and the music is incredible.

Hope this helps...
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #18
Tourist

Aaron,

Just came across this. If you are still looking for popular music and cool indie music then you're in luck. Songfreedom.com is up and running but doesn't cost $74.99/month. It's actually $39.98/month or $480/ year for unlimited use of music in the catalog. I'm not sure how many weddings you do but if you do 20 then you're cost per song equivalent is only $24. Hope that helps. As Patrick mentioned, withetiquette offers some great indie music as well. I believe you asked about their pricing and last I checked it was around $99/song. Obviously that could add up for the average cinematographer doing 20 weddings (around $2k/year) but you may find some songs you really like that are worth the money. I think the bottom line is that it's great that people like you are looking for a legal way to use music. And it's also great that people like Patrick are stepping up so there are multiple choices for everyone.

Matt Thompson
President & CEO
Songfreedom.com
Matt Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #19
Major Player

Hey Matt,

I like the looks of the site, but having problems getting audio previews to play. It pulls up a Yahoo search with a bunch of links to different sites, some look suspicious. Not talking about the I-Tunes previews, but the ones that have the blue play button. Need to make it easier for prospective clients to browse the offerings.

However, I have bookmarked your site.
Old November 24th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #20
New Boot

Aaron,

not sure if u're still looking for music as there's this site that's currently offering free royalty free music and u only need to link back to their site for now.

it's here, Free Royalty Free Music, Free Sound Effects

you could email them to ask for more details.

hope it helps. =)
Jo Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #21
Inner Circle

We use Royalty Free Music, Sound Effects and Editing Software - SmartSound which has a very wide selection of excellent royalty-free music. The neat thing is that using the software SonicFire Pro you can manipulate the tracks (adjusting the mix or tempo) & create your own customised versions. It all very nicely integrates with Final Cut but can be used with Windows too. Even better is that nowadays you can buy individual tracks instead of buying a whole album just for one piece. You can browse their whole catalogue online & just choose & pay for the music you actually use.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques