Facebook Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 28th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Facebook Problem

Okay - I've already tried to upload my cousin's wedding video to Facebook twice. However, both times it keeps getting deleted, because apparently Facebook seems to think that my video violates some kind of copyright. I'm a bit confused by this, since 1) I filmed and edited the video and 2) the music that I used in this video is royalty-free content (specifically, two music clips which came with Apple's Final Cut Studio software). So, here's the video ONCE AGAIN ... only this time it is on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkgOZLS5vdA

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm really confused here!
Adam Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Facebook Problem

Hi Adam

Check you YT account and see if they might also think that the music is copyright. What I do for safety is leave all the music out!! I have uploaded wedding samples that have SmartSound music in the background and YouTube insists that it's copyright..even after sending them the licence data!!! Facebook is even fussier!!! YouTube will still host your video with music but more often that not will just put ads on your video..Facebook seem stricter!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I uploaded a video of swans using 500 year old classical music and Facebook deleted.

It's not worth the trouble in my opinion, get a blog and upload it there.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Upload it to Vimeo then post the Vimeo link on your Facebook.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Trustee

So that is a bit weird with production music. I have posted vids with music from the libraries I use and license.

But, Steven, who performed the 500 year old classical music? The tune may be out of copyright but the company who printed the sheet music, each person in the organization that performed it, the record company, and the publisher of any performance of that tune must be paid. Having done a LOT of classical recording over the last 23 years, I can tell you what a minor orchestra charges to do a recording. Want Chicago, Cleveland, or New York to perform it? $$$$$$$

If you want it for free, whistle, sing or find someone to play it for you for free but make sure it's not an arrangement that's been copyrighted!
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Trustee

I had this happen too a few weeks ago, but I just filled out a Counter-claim by following the link in the original Copyright Beach Notice email they sent me. As soon as I did that the video was available again, no re-uploading or anything.

In my case it was a creative-commons song that used a commonly sampled creative-commons loop. My guess is it mistook it for a different non creative-commons song that also uses the same creative-commons loop.
John Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques