32Gb or 16Gb SDHC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 18th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: 32Gb or 16Gb SDHC

I have a stack of 32Gb SD cards and a Nexto for back-up in case I run out of cards. I haven't had any problems with my SD cards to date & I plan on replacing all my cards every two years. I have had to swap out 16Gb cards halfway through important shots because I ran out of memory, that a bigger negative for me. I think you are more likely to physically lose a 16Gb card while swapping out & trying to keep track of where you put them. When 64Gb becomes affordable I will replace all my 32Gb cards.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:18 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: 32Gb or 16Gb SDHC

Hey Paul

My point would be IF I lost say part of the wedding due to a faulty card then surely the bride wouldn't want a "half job" Bear in mind that in our days of tape we only had 63 minutes of MiniDV on a tape and that worked fine (I often had to use 4 tapes over a wedding just to make sure it didn't come to the end during the last speech!!) I still shoot on 16GB cards on each camera which gives me around 90mins per cam shooting at 24mbps and depending on the ceremony length I might do a card change before speeches as they can last just 12 minutes OR each speaker could talk for 20 minutes!!!

I have a Pelican case with 2 x 32GB and 6 x 16GB cards (also 4 extra 8GB cards in the battery case just for safety!!!) I don't think with weddings it really matters as no specific event is longer than around 40 minutes so if you really wanted to be careful you could use 8GB cards and change them at each event!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques