Recording output from a project? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Recording output from a project?

For anyone with experience recording presentations and wanting to include the material that is on the projector in the video - any advice?

The people are using their own laptops and I'm gonna try to screen record everyone's computer. This isn't just a powerpoint, some people are actually using their computers to show stuff.

The projector the client has includes a 15-pin mini D-sub output connector. I don't think I can do anything with that.

I don't even think there are other options, didn't know if there was some splitter or way to get a input into a imac or something.
Travis Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Recording output from a project?

Extron make a bunch of scalers that you can take the output of the computer and turn it into something else. Look through their site, I'm sure they make exactly what you need. Gefen also make scalers and signal converters.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Recording output from a project?

We use projectors for one of my day jobs and those do nothing but show your desktop. So we open the file and then what we have on our desktop is what everyone sees. Our laptops don't send the files we want to present to the projector, we have to play them on our PCs. I would suggest collecting everyone's presentations on thumb drives then convert to usable media in post. If this is a presentation done by corporate types, chances are real good what they are showing won't be Mac compatible in the first place.

Good luck !!!
Chip Thome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques