Packaging of final product at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 5th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Major Player

Packaging of final product

I've recently upgraded my product to square tin cases. I'm now looking for a better way to package them for post.

Up till now I just used bubbled envelopes. These just arn't good enough. One of the tin cases even had a dent coming from wholesaler to me.

I wondered if anyone could share where they source their packaging from? Ideally I was thinking a 'mailer' box' would be best, and I'd also like some material to 'cushion' the inside, I also was thinking of that really thin foam sheeting to put between my three cases so they don't scrape against each other?

Any thoughts / tips / recomendations?

Here is an example of a photographer friends packaged product:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...56961436_n.jpg
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Packaging of final product

Cheesy I know but I staple 2 cinema tickets and a small bag of popcorn to my 'Thank You' letter. My Bride and Groom copy of the DVD is in a presentation case (about £8 from here: GFSmithPhotomount Misc1) and the other 2 copies are in white Amaray DVD cases with a printed insert. The whole thing is packed with white tissue packing paper

I recently bought some flatpack cardboard boxes only to find a few weeks after that Royal Mail resized their 'small package' size and it was going to cost me double to post them! so now I have to cut each one down to size so it's classed as a 'small package' - everything fits in nice and snug- never had any issues
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Pete

That's not cheesy at all ..it's all about presentation!! The covers look very neat ...They say the outside is "simulated leatherette" ....Does it have any writing on it ? It would be nice with embossed lettering saying "Our Wedding" ..Using those cases also saves making a sleeve.

Keep on with the tickets and popcorn ..it gives them something to remember you uniquely by!! It's a good sales technique ... they won't forget the tickets and popcorn guy when someone asks them whi shot your wedding!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #4
Major Player

We recently changed our packaging also to include popcorn, as well as movie candies. Since my husband and I are a team, we each pick our favorite candy and buy the movie-style boxes. Each box gets a bag of popcorn, and two candies, tied up with a ribbon that matches their wedding colors. And their stack of DVDs/Blurays gets tied up with the same ribbon.

We use white boxes, and put a company logo label on two sides, with their address label on top. The box is wide enough to put the two stacks in side by side so when they open the lid it should be nicely present for them.
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #5
Trustee

I feel inadequate for providing my films in amaray cases now!

Can anyone recommend a good website based in the UK for presentation boxes for double disc (bluray/dvd) ???
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Manford View Post
I feel inadequate for providing my films in amaray cases now!

Can anyone recommend a good website based in the UK for presentation boxes for double disc (bluray/dvd) ???
We use the lovely soft padded image wrap CD/DVD Folios from Loxley Colour. https://www.loxleycolour.com/cddvdfolio.aspx They are pricey at nearly £30 including shipping & VAT but very classy. The engraved leatherette ones are a bit cheaper. Sim Imaging have a nice selection of linen covered cases in about 20 different colours & a matching case with an 8GB USB device but I prefer the Loxley ones. Linen CD Case | Sim Imaging
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
We use the lovely soft padded image wrap CD/DVD Folios from Loxley Colour. https://www.loxleycolour.com/cddvdfolio.aspx They are pricey at nearly £30 including shipping & VAT but very classy. The engraved leatherette ones are a bit cheaper. Sim Imaging have a nice selection of linen covered cases in about 20 different colours & a matching case with an 8GB USB device but I prefer the Loxley ones. Linen CD Case | Sim Imaging
Cheers Nigel, looks good. Will probably implement one of these cases in to my prices for future clients.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #8
Major Player

Here is what my tin cases with window look like. Cases are about £1.20 each on bulk order and stickers are £5 per 90 stickers from Moo.com.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...76267211_n.jpg

That aside, what I'm really asking about is where you buy in bulk your mailer boxes and tissue paper and foam padding etc...
Is there any good cheap online sources with a good variety of sizes etc..?

P.S. I'm definitely stealing the popcorn idea! Thanks guys!

*P.S. Sorry for bad quality, Facebook compressed that image to the max.
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #9
Trustee

We provide 3-5 copies of the DVDs for clients (b&G, and one for each parent) so $25 a piece is a bit much. We had been doing the typical DVD case.

I just found a bulk order of 150 linen covered boxes for about $500 but we'll have to do the wet embossing ourselves. That would last us 3-5 years instead of spending $500 in one year.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Pete

That's not cheesy at all ..it's all about presentation!! The covers look very neat ...They say the outside is "simulated leatherette" ....Does it have any writing on it ? It would be nice with embossed lettering saying "Our Wedding" ..Using those cases also saves making a sleeve.

Keep on with the tickets and popcorn ..it gives them something to remember you uniquely by!! It's a good sales technique ... they won't forget the tickets and popcorn guy when someone asks them whi shot your wedding!

Chris
No they are plain Chris but look and feel nice and classy - especially for the price
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Katie would you happen to have a photo showing how your delivered product look's like??? Sounds beautiful thank you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Fasel View Post
We recently changed our packaging also to include popcorn, as well as movie candies. Since my husband and I are a team, we each pick our favorite candy and buy the movie-style boxes. Each box gets a bag of popcorn, and two candies, tied up with a ribbon that matches their wedding colors. And their stack of DVDs/Blurays gets tied up with the same ribbon.

We use white boxes, and put a company logo label on two sides, with their address label on top. The box is wide enough to put the two stacks in side by side so when they open the lid it should be nicely present for them.
Frank Garrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #12
Major Player

Haha, well it's not that fancy. Just personalized. I'm sending some out next week, I'll try to remember to take a photo before I seal the box.
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #13
Regular Crew

I have started using this product in an attempt to offer something a little different:

Jewelboxing - Super Jewel Box Packaging System - CD and DVD Cases

If there's no Internet in Heaven, I'm not going!
Wayne Starick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #14
Major Player

I source photos from the official photographer on the day & design these photo album disc cases. Almost all the professional photo album labs do these now.
Attached Thumbnails
Packaging of final product-romanza-films-dvd-albums.jpg  
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #15
Major Player

I'd be interested to hear if anyone is using anything fancy to package up these nice DVD cases. I'm looking to enhance my customer's entire unpacking experience - like when I buy an Apple product. So it starts with the standard USPS shipping box. Then they open this and find a nice shrink wrapped white box which when opened, reveals our beautiful DVD cases. I just started looking around on-line but haven't hit on anything yet.

Art

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques