Camera roll call - what do you shoot with, how do you feel it performs? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Camera roll call - what do you shoot with, how do you feel it performs?

Sony Z5 with the CF recorder on the back, plus a GH2. Very hard to get them matched, especially as HDV
is 1440x1080 so I transcode it to full HD first.

I have a GH3 now so this coming season I will use it as A cam with a JuicedLink mixer on it and the GH2 as B. With good lenses these cams are fantastic. The Voightlander 25mm f 0.95 is my favorite lens. I can get beautiful bright pictures in dark venues that were impossible before.

Paul M: are your GH2s hacked? If so which hack are you using?

Last edited by Mark Whittle; June 20th, 2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: additional comment
Mark Whittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:31 AM   #17
Major Player

I use a black one. It works nicely and best of all, it's paid for!
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:40 AM   #18
Trustee

My main camera is a GH3 with a couple of okayish zooms, 1 decent zoom and some great primes including the 17.5 voigtlander 0.95 for low light. I also have 2 GH2's both hacked differently 1 to extend the recording time, the other to increase bit rate and extend recording time. I have a Canon handicam for Guestcam hire and 2 Go Pro 3's. Just ordered a Pocket Blackmagic as I've blown far too many highlights and would welcome a camera that may help on that.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Palanza View Post
Wow, four of them? Do you run all of those alone or do you have help? I'd imagine four would drive me a little bonkers!
I always have a 2nd shooter & one on a light stand for a wide safety. the 4th is either on a glidecam next to me or I might put it on a light stand or leave it in the case - depends.

I shoot with Lumix lenses during the ceremony and the rest of the time I use FD primes - 24,35,50,85,100,200 and the slowest is 2.8
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Whittle View Post
Paul M: are your GH2s hacked? If so which hack are you using?
They are all hacked but only for ISO PAL/NTSC & audio - I've been playing around with some mild adjustments but I'm really wary of losing the spanning - with a 64Gb card and and external battery I can set one up before the reception starts and forget about it.
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:18 AM   #21
Major Player

C100 main
XF300 secondary

They perform beautifully in tandem, with the C100 used as main cam and for artistic/shallower depth of field shots and the XF300 used as wide ceremony camera locked down.

In low light situations, the C100 blows the XF away, making it harder to coordinate the two cameras. Not so much of a problem if the XF is just for wide/open shots.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques