How to tell Clients that we are in Control - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 1st, 2013, 01:06 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: How to tell Clients that we are in Control

That explains a lot :) I couldn't even imagine doing 50 weddings a years without having a life, my weddings average at 14-17 working hours.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 02:51 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Noa I'm in the same sort of market as you, I think we live in the wrong part of the world :-(

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 02:59 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Ok Guys

Off to Hawaii we go .. a little more competition for Warren but with the sunshine it's worth it ... I can imagine it's a rather pleasant location to shoot weddings?? A couple of my brides here chose it for their honeymoon. Nicer weather than the UK Roger!!

I limit my shoots to 35 a year but normally end up doing around 30 odd ...Ours can vary from budget packages (sorta 3pm to 9pm.. which I really like) or full weddings which are often mid-day to midnight but certainly nowhere near 17 hours like Noa has to do ... 12, maybe 13 hours at a push!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:57 AM   #34
Inner Circle

I've been to Oahu, Maui and the big island of Hawai'i. Personally I loved Maui. I'd live on any of them and actually looked into it after going thru another Chicago winter having recently come back from Maui before going to the big island.
Here's the problem...MONEY! It is very expensive to live in Hawai'i and frankly the idea of starting over in a new, beautiful warm sun filled location did little for my juices plus my wife won't leave the grand children. I told her we could send them tickets. She didn't buy it. So for now we'll have to vaca there.
One can dream about it, think about it and wish for it so excuse me while I kiss the sky! ;-)
Old July 1st, 2013, 08:05 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Tsk, tsk Don

You do realise that you are kissing the wrong thing to get there ...the sky???? Far better to concentrate on the wife and apart from the kissing bit maybe some loud slurping noises would be in order??

It sounds like you are not going to get out of Chicago my friend ...Grandkids are mighty powerful attractions to stay put!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Chris,
I tired the kissing and slurping for years with her. No effect so I figured maybe a bit of Jimi Hendrix (hence, Kiss the Sky ((from Are you Experienced))would work.) Nothing there either. ;-)
As for leaving the grandkids there are 2 chances. Slim and none and Slim is getting on the train to get out of town.
Oh well, I guess we'll just have to keep on cruising and going to Hawai'i for vaca!
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:17 PM   #37
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Ok Guys

Off to Hawaii we go .. a little more competition for Warren but with the sunshine it's worth it ... I can imagine it's a rather pleasant location to shoot weddings?? A couple of my brides here chose it for their honeymoon. Nicer weather than the UK Roger!!
Chris
What nobody here knows is that my wife and I moved from Hawaii! My wife found a job in San Francisco that she could not refuse, so we packed up and left Hawaii last year! Here's the thing. I'm still booked for weddings in Hawaii till next year. I've been flying back and forth to take care of those. In San Francisco, I'm not doing any weddings as I want to have the weekends off with my wife as much as possible. I'm here in Hawaii now, having just finished a big wedding this past weekend, then flying back to California on Friday after this Thursday's wedding. I'll be back again in 3 weeks for a few days. The bookings that have been coming my way were all by word of mouth since I've not advertised in the past 2 years. Does anyone have anything for me to do in the San Francisco Bay area? I would love to keep busy on a part time basis.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques