ProDad ProDrenalin at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 15th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Trustee

ProDad ProDrenalin

I picked up ProDad ProDrenalin some time ago and have just played around with it for the first time tonight. We went on a tramp last week and I took my GoPro along as my only camera...just as well as regards the tramp as it rained cats and dogs for two days! (My wife's Canon Ixus got dampness in it which has taken ages to get out.)

Anyway, I took it as a test to see how it would go in a tramping situation and how photos would come out when corrected for fisheye etc, and I have to say it is pretty darn good, and as easy as to use. Have spent the whole evening doing a heap of photos and short videos. Well worth the money. Makes the Gopro far more versatile...as if it's not versatile enough already...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: ProDad ProDrenalin

Is it standalone software or a plugin?
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Trustee

I was using it as a stand alone...not sure about whether it can be a plug in...haven't checked yet...
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hey Renton

It does have various plugins for NLE's ..they are listed on the ProDad site.

Can't see much use for the application at weddings but if you are into extreme sports then it would be really good. Then again, you never know, I might book a bride who wants to go over a waterfall in a kayak screaming her vows!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #5
Inner Circle

The latest version of the free GoPro Studio has a very effective de-fisheye function when converting to Cineform. I already have ProDad's Mercalli stabilisation software which is pretty effective but best of all compared to other similar software (Adobe Warp, CoreMekt Lock & Load) it is very very fast but does cost about $250. ProDrenalin is only $49 so good value if you just need your GoPro footage stabilised.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Major Player

Am I missing something. Is this software just being marketed towards GoPro users, or is it somehow only useable with GoPro footage?

With this stabilise any footage from any camera?

If so, it may be the cheapest stabilisation software out there.

Unless you count VirtualDub Deshaker (which is actually fantastic).
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hey Renton

It does have various plugins for NLE's ..they are listed on the ProDad site.

Can't see much use for the application at weddings but if you are into extreme sports then it would be really good. Then again, you never know, I might book a bride who wants to go over a waterfall in a kayak screaming her vows!

Chris
No I reckon it would be great for weddings - making the footage look more normal. Certainly isn't only for action stuff. As I said, I took the camera on a tramp and used it only for only stills, thus didn't use the stabilising feature, just the removal of fisheye. And it is so simple. Choose your camera profile, or whatever they call it, and away you go.

Clive, yes it does appear to be aimed at GoPros, having GoPro profiles all built in to be selected, but you can create your own profile for your own camera.

I used one interesting feature after I have got rid of the fisheye on one photo. It had the wall of a hut on one side and it was leaning quite a long way out of parrallel with the side of the photo after I had removed fisheye (the photo at the bottom below). So I used a tilt feature to straighten it up and it looks ok. I've uploaded a few of them to show before and after...
Attached Thumbnails
ProDad ProDrenalin-small-gopr0621.jpg   ProDad ProDrenalin-small-2-gopr0621.jpg  

ProDad ProDrenalin-small-gopr0622.jpg   ProDad ProDrenalin-small-2-gopr0622.jpg  

ProDad ProDrenalin-small-gopr0637.jpg   ProDad ProDrenalin-small-2-gopr0637.jpg  

ProDad ProDrenalin-small-gopr0640.jpg   ProDad ProDrenalin-small-2-gopr0640.jpg  

Old October 16th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #8
Trustee

Another one...
Attached Thumbnails
ProDad ProDrenalin-small-gopr0650.jpg   ProDad ProDrenalin-small-2-gopr0650.jpg  

Old October 16th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #9
Major Player

Prodrenalin is derived from DeFishr which costs a bit more but can be customized for various lenses
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques