Creating a website - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 5th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Creating a website

Blogs don't allow just anyone to post. You have to have comments activated, and even then you can set an option so that they don't get posted until you approve them.

Jeff, have you decided on a website name?

You need a domain first, that is, the name of the website. Here is a nice article about the top 5:
Five Best Domain Name Registrars

And you need a web host, the people who actually store the info online. Wordpress can do this, and most of the time, your domain registrar can, too, otherwise, here is a top5
:Five Best Web Hosting Companies
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi Chris, life here is good as I sit and edit some interview segments for inclusion in a campaign documentary whilst looking out over a rolling vista of budding vines

I trust you realise that my quip was lighthearted, not a slight on the many contributors to this essential site for those in the world wide wedding industry who are often enlightend by postings here any if even sometimes enraged. These lively and informative exchanges help keep some of us from going stir crazy when working often endless hours alone with our pixels and waveforms.
I know what you mean about public posting. I may be one of a few who doesn't find that broadcasting myself and my work through the wonderous technology of facebook , youtube and the like is something to embrace. I prefer the more near-normal interaction with people who are prepared to put their real name to their opinions and stand by them as here.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #18
Major Player

Wordpress. You can really change up the themes & colors etc to make it unique & not a blog. Just build pages, not posts, you can make your home page static too. At least on alot of themes if not all. Then drag all the crummy widgets off (comments, recent posts etc) out on the widgets section from the Dashboard.

There are some free vids on a cool site www.udemy.com to get the jist of Wordpress. Just change up your theme foremost if you see something else you like.
David Barnett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques