How can we change the norm, or are we trying to control to much - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 20th, 2014, 07:12 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: How can we change the norm, or are we trying to control to much

I actually operate much as you describe Danny, I often get what I need without talking to anyone, but if conversation is necessary it's casual and chatty in style. We try and keep things low key and pleasant. We guide events as needed while trying maintain a low profile.
Old May 20th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #17
Trustee

Yes Jeff but come on there has to be times you get really mad!!! When some idiot does completely the opposite, like your three angles on the speeches going great and then the vendors turn the lights right down, Or the toast master stays right being the groom and best man when all he has to do is introduce and step back out of the way, rather than film his silly red jacket and big belly.
Or your just about to glide around the b&g on the dance floor then some crazy idiot comes in front and tries to do a stupid dance himself to the bride and is so drunk he cannot stand up, but nearly knocks your unmanned wide angle camera of its tripod.
Or the bride is giving her presents out in the morning and the old photog dives in and takes hold of her present in full flow with her mum and your filming and waiting for that last moment when they cuddle and the tog has just ruined the blasted shot. Oh yes i now put all the footage in as your thinking and go with the flow but it does make me mad, there are lots of other scenarios that make me mad but yes i just try to think ahead and get on with it. sure...
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:28 AM   #18
Trustee

Even more reasons I'm doing fewer and fewer weddings Steve ;)
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Steve, you're absolutley right. Something or another does not go the way I would like at nearly every wedding. It may be a small thing or it could be something significant, and it can be extremely upsetting when it happens. Not pretending otherwise!

We can only try to find ways that work for us as individuals to get the best results we can, whilst not damaging relationships with others in the process. At least that is what I try to do.

It might be that you happen to encounter particularly difficult or egotistical photographer's, etc.. If that's the case I can understand your plight and feel badly for you! Nothing can make things more unpleasant than a rude photog. Happily most of mine are really great and easy to work with.
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #20
Trustee

Absolutely Jeff, and your points are greatly appreciated thanks. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques