Spelling mistakes on the dvd - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 8th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Two words: Copy & Paste

Even if it were my own mother's name, I copy/paste from a document emailed by the client.
Vince Pachiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Spelling mistakes on the dvd

Hey Vince

I had a spelling mistake on a cover AND I copied and pasted from the bride's email. She make the typo and never checked it.

I pre-print a contract for the couple with their first names and then I physically point to the names on their copy and ask them " This is the correct spelling for your and your future husband's name ... right? "

It's the only way to be 100% sure that the spelling is correct. I guess if you also email or text them a confirmation before you print the names that would also work.

Maybe we will have to do like the printers do soon and print a "proof copy" of the cover and say to the couple "sign and return" to say everything is correct but I doubt that will be necessary...most names are fairly straight forward so there are just a small few that have weird spelling.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #18
Trustee

These strange ways of spelling name is a pain - I have a bride - Khystryna - it takes me me 10 minutes to check each time I have to spell it
Old July 9th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I no longer use last names, seems to work out better and gives me less opportunities for mistakes!
My spelling mistake was with the first name :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
These strange ways of spelling name is a pain - I have a bride - Khystryna - it takes me me 10 minutes to check each time I have to spell it
Then you have these names with an accent on the e like é, I have a bride whose name is Stephanie but written like Stéphanie, if you forget that small stripe you can start all over again as well.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Arthur,

I had the same Title unit. Wish I still had it today as a museum piece! Also, I had another item that predated it. Much like the newspapers. It was a PROFESSIONAL title set sold by a local video supply company from NJ. I cant remember their name. It was nothing more than a store black board with the white "click on" letters that you spelled out your titles with and panned with your camera.

Rob
Robert Rinkewich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques