small, quick release clamp at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 31st, 2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Inner Circle

small, quick release clamp

Can anyone recommend a small clamp that will quickly attach to my tripod pan/tilt arm and easily release again?

I need to be able to attach my smallrig sony NP battery adapter with 1/4" thread - something like this would be perfect but i have one and my pan/tilt arm has too small a diameter

Grifiti Nootle Quick Release Pipe Clamp with 1/4 20 Threaded Head for Cameras and Nootle Ipad Mounts Works for Tripods, Music Stands, Microphone Stands, Any Pipe or Bar That Is up to 1.5 Inches in Diameter Also Motorcycles, Bikes, and More: Amazon.co

So basically something like the above but that will accommodate a smaller diameter tube

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:05 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: small, quick release clamp

This clamp is nothing I can recommend it's plastic like a toy
You have to buy something more costly like
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/831804-REG/Impact_me_100_Atom_Clamp_with_Ratchet.htmlGood luck
Tommy Simonsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Pete,

I have a number of different clamps including the one that you linked to. The ones that I always end up using are these Ex-Pro Metal Clip Clamp Grip 1/4" Adapter Screw for Camera Tripod Flash Bracket | eBay
I use them for everything from GoPro, sound recorders, video cams, mics etc. I like them because there is no need to adjust anything, just attach the video cam or what have you and clamp them onto anything. I use them or the tripod legs, centre column, on a church pew, DJs lighting rig etc and they are instantly attached and removed.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 09:04 AM   #4
Major Player

I use this.

Tether Tools EasyGrip ST CCL15 B&H Photo Video
Old January 2nd, 2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel View Post
Hi Pete,

I have a number of different clamps including the one that you linked to. The ones that I always end up using are these Ex-Pro Metal Clip Clamp Grip 1/4" Adapter Screw for Camera Tripod Flash Bracket | eBay
I use them for everything from GoPro, sound recorders, video cams, mics etc. I like them because there is no need to adjust anything, just attach the video cam or what have you and clamp them onto anything. I use them or the tripod legs, centre column, on a church pew, DJs lighting rig etc and they are instantly attached and removed.

Roger
Ordered - Many thanks Roger
Peter Rush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques