Expanding my Gear Camera advice please - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 19th, 2017, 04:50 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Re: Expanding my Gear Camera advice please

Anyone installed the latest 1.2 firmware on the g80? My camera got a lot more silent after that update, before the IBIS was quite noisy, worse then my gx80, now they sound the same.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 12:31 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Thanks for reminding me :) , I'll be uploading this week
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:12 AM   #48
Trustee

Updated both the GX80 and G80 with the new firmware and both barely make a sound. Haven't done a full test yet, but initial handling shows a marked improvement. Perhaps as part of the procedure, I could hear an audible thud from the camera on my work desk once the update was complete. First time I heard it, it was from the G80; it made me jump and I turned round thinking something had fallen onto the desk, but no it was the camera. Heard the same thud from the GX80, just a bit quieter. Not sure how it ties into the update, but thought I'd mention it as I did wonder if something had happened to the camera.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:38 AM   #49
Inner Circle

My g80 had a very noisy IBIS when I first got it, a grinding sound that you could clearly hear from a meter distance in a silent room, on my gx80 you could only hear the IBIS if you held your ear close to it which is why I was disappointed about the g80. Good that the firmware update solved this.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques