Joining WEVA??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Joining WEVA???

Hey guys,

How many of you are members of WEVA? I'm thinking about joining, but I kind of want to know more about the benefits of joining the organization. I am basically just getting into the Wedding scene after doing mostly independent fictional film and a few documentary/training films as well.

My first customer was really impressed with the wedding that I did for them, and it looks like I will have a few more lined up soon for the Spring/Summer - basically with just word-of-mouth advertizing.

So - what would WEVA get me for it's yearly fee?

Ryan
Ryan DesRoches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The main things I like about being a WEVA member are access to their user forums, getting a link from their web site to mine and being able to list WEVA membership in my credentials -- which hopefully adds some credibility with brides. Plus access to a decent business insurance plan, which is a good thing to have.

For a more complete list of member benefits see the following link.

http://www.weva.com/cgi-bin/ecomm/ha...its/index.html
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Major Player

The business insurance and additional contacts within the industry would be the biggest benefits.

I don't think that brides care all that much what organization you belong to. Their main concern is quality and price. If you offer a quality product at the price they want then they're going to use your services.

I gained a lot of insight from the WEVA Town meeting that was held in Chicago last year and that made it worth the yearly fee for me.

In regards to forums, DV info is a more active message forum, but the weva forum has some very relevant topics discussed that never come up here. I think that you can look to weva for established business and production ideas, and dv info for a different angle to the industry.

The 4evergroup is also looking to help shape the direction of wedding video and they're definitely worth a look in addition to the other sources.

Hope it helps and I'm looking forward to seeing some samples of your work when it's done.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques