Wedding Video Production AND Delivery in High Definition - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 5th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #16
Inner Circle

My concern with the LinkPlayer2, is the possibility of, after booking several weddings, taking deposits, etc., finding out there is a serious problem with the player that wasn't detected when initially testing it. I intend to test the LinkPlayer2 thoroughly, but I won't rule out that testing might miss something that comes out later, after having made numerous serious commitments, especially considering I will most likely be the defacto last line of tech support for the unit (I've pretty much written off depending on IO-DATA for that).

Basically, I'm attempting to do something that, largely, I really have no example to work from and emulate, in a number of important regards, so I am trying my best to cover all bases with extreme caution, and have at least somewhat viable backup plans for anything I can reasonably foresee as a potential "show stopper" problem. I sure don't want to wind up saying, "sorry about promising you HD, here's a really nice DVD" or "sorry, here's a gangly computer for your living room" (that also costs me a few hundred more that I get to eat).
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Robert: those are valid concerns, and suggest caution in what you promise to deliver to customers. But for now the Avel-type players are the most practical way to deliver HD content for playback on HDTVs, and if you deliver Windows Media HD on a DVD which plays on those players, that video content should be transferrable to future mainstream HD DVD players.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques