For The Bridal Show - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Well Mike, I actually did em all by hand ... lol... let me tell you.... it blows!!! I would just use every burner I had, which was actually two and my trustee little epson DVD printer and busted em all out one by one. I've just been trying to minimize costs and what not but let me tell you, if you ever want a way to get a headache or to never get anything done in one week... that's the way to do it! Next year I am highly considering a DVD duplicator/printer that does 100 at a time and all you gotta do is push the go button. But next year I will either do that or pay for it, because these last 3 shows are brutal! some will say to space it out, but my personality doesn't allow for that. I looked up pricing to have them stamped and it just wasn't worth it to me for the cost, but if you got the cash that's the way I would go.

In total it cost me around $120 including shipping for 500 DVDs, (kinda cheapos, but the get the job done), around $105 including shipping for 500 Cases and then I get 500 inserts for around $110. Other than that it's the just ink from the epson 200 and the HP 2550 so I'm able to produce the 300 for around $300. It would cost me at least $600-$1000 to get them done from a duplication store. So it just all comes down to what the costs are to you, if time isn't a big problem, you can save a little money. Anyway, sorry it's so long, hope this helps other than to prove that I'm crazy!

Eric Hansen
www.ehansenproductions.com
Eric Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 01:43 PM   #17
Major Player

Way to go man! Yeah, I probably would have done them myself. I couldn't afford $600-$1000 just for the DVDs. I've got the time to do something like that. My wife stays home with the kids too, so I'm sure she could keep popping in a disc here and there. Not sure how keen she would be on such an idea, but it's a possibility. Thanks for all of the information. You've been one of the most helpful videographers (locally speaking) I've met. Thanks again for the help.
Mike Oveson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques