DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Same Day Edit - Feb 12 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/88043-same-day-edit-feb-12-a.html)

Peter Jefferson March 5th, 2007 05:13 AM

i'll just be a parrot and repeat everyones praise :)
awesome stuf

Richard Wakefield March 5th, 2007 06:00 AM

love it!

the colouring is especially impressive and consistently good from your previous demos too... do you saturate the colours to get them that striking, or is it another method (magic bullet etc)?

anyway, well done, a pat on the back for you!

Victor Kellar March 5th, 2007 08:29 AM

Kind of a funny thing: Last 4 same days I cut here in Toronto were with Fillipino clients .... interesting coincidence

Alastair Brown March 5th, 2007 01:21 PM

You just make it look so effortless time after time. Truly Inspiring!

Tom Tomkowiak March 5th, 2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua (Post 636074)
...Here in Manila, it's ususally shown after dinner and before the games...

For me this would've been a Same Week Edit. Great job!

So what are the after dinner games you mentioned?

Jason Magbanua March 5th, 2007 07:45 PM

Richard
We utilize the picture profile features on the FX1. IN post we grade some more with Filmfx. Its several times faster to render than MB.

Tom
Usually the bouquet and garter toss and sometimes games for long time married couples happen after dinner. Most of the time, instead of the actual toss, games are done like, musical chairs, limbo rocks, dating games, etc.

Cheers!

Nicholas Valentine March 5th, 2007 08:03 PM

Amazing work. Just one question. Did you shoot in 24p? 30p? or 60i?

Jason Magbanua March 5th, 2007 08:16 PM

Nicholas. The fx1 can only shoot 601. I just have the faux progressive mode (cineframe) on. :)

Billy Mallari March 6th, 2007 11:32 AM

You ROCK!!!!!

Jason man!..Can you show me some of your video techniques next time I visit our homeland? I would love to train with you even for a day....very nice video.

From a big Pinoy fan in Canada

Patrick Moreau March 6th, 2007 12:32 PM

Good stuff Jason.

Considering this is an SDE, its shows how much time you can cut down on editing when you shoot it well. How much time did you spend actually edited, not including exporting and what not?

I normally am not a big fan of the hand held type of footage that you have a lot of here but I think it looks excellent with the style of music and editing you went with as well as the toning of the shots.

Patrick
www.still-motion.ca

Mark Holland March 7th, 2007 03:27 PM

Let's see, how do I say this...WOW !

There's no other word for it!

And Same Day Edit too?!

WOW !

Michael Y Wong March 28th, 2007 09:29 PM

Not to bring up a dead horse but that was definately fantastic.

Your 2 shooters (I assume you and a colleague of yours) really took advantage of 2 cams, giving the illlusion of some great & extensive coverage. Your subject framing and editing choices are also excellent.

Coincidentially I was just looking @ filmFx myself these past few days. I may give it a try but I 100% do love magic bullet.

May I ask how long it takes to render that ~4 min highlight video in 1080i HDV?

Many Congrats!

Peter Jefferson March 28th, 2007 10:41 PM

micheal with MB2 and a decent nvidia card, you can get faster than realtime rendering (HDV) or 2.5times realtime on DV
Im using a 6800GT (512mb 256bit) on my desktop and a GO7300 (256mb 128bit) on the duak core laptop
Both perform extremely well
MB2 was oen of teh reasons i upgraded the desktop GFX card after seeing MB2 run full frame full res HDV (cineform actually) on the laptop

Michael Y Wong March 28th, 2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson (Post 650532)
MB2 was oen of teh reasons i upgraded the desktop GFX card after seeing MB2 run full frame full res HDV (cineform actually) on the laptop

AHHHHHHH cineform, now that would explain it!!! 100% explain it! my 7950gx2 is a gig of memory (dunno whether it fully utilzes the full gig) and is basically 2 7900gt's in sli, so it is definately a decent card.

Thanx for the help Peter!

Peter Jefferson March 29th, 2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong (Post 650544)
AHHHHHHH cineform, now that would explain it!!! 100% explain it! my 7950gx2 is a gig of memory (dunno whether it fully utilzes the full gig) and is basically 2 7900gt's in sli, so it is definately a decent card.

Thanx for the help Peter!

well dude, its also the actual version youre running, if ur running MB1, then theres no point, however with your set up, MB2 should fly.. even with HDV
Also im not sure what bitrate your cards are running (128/256/320), as the memory wont mean much if your bandwidth is low, and the bitrate is what will bottleneck the processing of the plugin