Wedding Agreement at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 27th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #1
New Boot

Wedding Agreement

Hi,

I need help with agreement form. What should I put in it?
Could anybody give a sample or suggestion?

Thank you,

Tom
Tomasz Kalinowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Tom,

If you google wedding contracts, you'll find sources for various agreements that you can copy or adapt to fit your need.

In the meantime, I'm willing to let you have a .pdf copy of the contract for video services that I use. It is more inclusive than many I have seen but likely not as inclusive as many in this forum may use.

Be that as it may, send an email to me at jeff@emeryvideo.com and I'll email back a link to the .pdf file. Use it, adapt it, or scrap it. Your choice.

Jeff
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Unfortunately, contracts are always open for discussion in court. I would recommend taking your input from other videographers and having an attorney look it over. It's worth the money to have the best contract possible.

Jon
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #4
Major Player

Jon,

Perhaps you'd be willing to share the contract you use. I'd sure like to see it if you're willing to share it.

Jeff
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:57 AM   #5
New Boot

Jeff,
Your contract is perfect. I think, most of it I will put it on my contract. Once I finish, I'll send you a copy.
Thank you,

Tom
Tomasz Kalinowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:11 AM   #6
Inner Circle

One thing to consider is; experience is the best contract designer. I often modify mine to fit my customer's and my needs.

I think you'll find someone elses contract might not fit the flavor of your market, your client, your business; and you'll need to modify it significantly to fit your profile.

My 2 cents.
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:52 AM   #7
Regular Crew

any way you might want to post that beast here as well?
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:43 PM   #8
Major Player

Tomasz- You're quite welcome.

Steven- I agree with your statement "someone elses contract might not fit the flavor of your market, your client, your business." The "Terms and Conditions" on the back of my contract are pretty much the only constants on my contract. On the front, I identify the parties. I have a text box that gets filled in with a detailed description of the services I will provide to that client. Other than being typed into the text box, the description is no different than what could be written on a piece of notebook paper, which it usually is when I meet with a client to find out what they want. The service provided varies with the client. I don't have pre-printed one-size-fits-all service description.

For everyone:
I'd like to point out that I don't have the attitude that MY contract is right for everyone or even for anyone other than me. I didn't consult a lawyer or have it reviewed by one. I'm not interested in paying someone to give me an opinion. I don't use a bunch of legalese. I don't feel the need to have page after page after page of terms, conditions, restrictions, outs, contigencies, and some of the other nonsense that I've heard some videographers put in their contracts. If their contracts works for them, I say more power to them and I wish them continued success.

If you are new to the video business and would like just a bit of help in putting together a useable contract of your own, feel free to email me and I'll send you the link. I suggest you also search around for other contracts that will give you some other ideas. You do need to eventually develop your own contract to fit your needs. My contract is mine. It was designed to fit my needs, not the population's at large. Copy it, adapt it, junk it or whatever. I've put a great deal of time and effort into it but I'm willing to give it away if it can help someone else get some wheels under their video business.

Jeff
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques