Grizzly Pro, 2 camera live streaming wedding to AU at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Grizzly Pro, 2 camera live streaming wedding to AU

I had a couple this past weekend who had many family members in Australia that couldn't attend the wedding.

I streamed in live via my laptop, a cellphone internet card and the grizzly pro with live switching. Take a look, it's not the best wedding video but it was live. I edited a small clip of pre wedding and mixed it in during the live feed.

http://www.rmaxvideo.com/may262007/T...rence512kb.wmv

We use a software called Wirecast to stream to internet. It allows 5 users to stream the content. You can mix it video and pictures with alpha channels. It's pretty cool software. It also records the entire session for posting after the event. I would really like to try adobes upgrade to Serious Magic's Visual Communicator.

Jon
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

if you start doing this more often, you may want to look at a gostream. These boxes are incredibly easy to use, and all it takes is a live internet connection. If you configure it to do so it will also record the video in your format of choice for a podcast/wmv file so that you can immediately post it to the web after the event. It is really as easy as pushing 2 buttons to get it started.

http://www.viewcast.com/pages.asp?page=niagara-GoStream
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the information, what is the price tag on the device?

Jon
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #4

wedding

Watched the wedding very funny. Hope soon I can get the blur out of my shoots
Barry Barge
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #5
Regular Crew

MAN! I would love to broadcast a wedding LIVE over the net, if only for my own enjoyment doing it.

I wouldn't know the first place to start thou & wouldn't have a clue how to do it!

I might have to look into that.
Ryan Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Major Player

The basics are as follows

2 Cameras at a minumum. I prefer to use three whenever possible.
I use the Grizzly pro system, so I don't need camera operators, but it would be the same if you had cameramen and a video link to your switcher of choice.

I use the grizzly pro ls(has a built in switcher) or I have also used a videonics switcher to switch camera views connected to my laptop or pc via a ADS Pyro AVLink. The AVLink adds your source to your computer like a DV Camera, works really well.

Then you need software for your pc and or mac that will stream it to the web.

Internet connect is the final step. In most cases we have the client install a broadband connect at the ceremony for internet access, usually it allows 5 users to watch. We have a broadband laptop card that gets approximately 384kb uploads which translates into 1 viewer unless we upload to a streaming server and that would allow many users to view it.

The device that was listed earlier in the post seems interesting, it would allow the steam without a pc.

Jon
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek View Post
Thanks for the information, what is the price tag on the device?

Jon
they arent cheap... the price We got on one is 6 grand, but it does a lot. you also have to have a content hoster, but with you doing streaming anyway I would assume you already have that. It will stream mpeg, wmv, real and is supposed to do h.264

Oh the device is also a pc in a box. The machine runs XP Pro embedded OS. you can connect into it via a remote desktop session. If you drop me an email I can put you in touch with my sales rep.
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #8
Major Player

6k, ouch. I have looking into the Tricaster. It does streaming as well, via push or pull. Meaning, streaming server isn't necessary for a few viewers providing there is enough bandwidth. It gets pricey using streaming services but when bandwidth isn't available you have no other choice. I have a client who has 10mbps up, which is nice but most of the time is 768kb or less. The Tricaster Pro does a bunch more than the viewcast gostream from what I can tell, the price point is about the same. It's too bad you are so far away, I would like to see it in action. There is a church in my area who streams their church services to the internet via the Tricaster.

Thanks,

Jon
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM   #9
Regular Crew

we just did a demo of the box, they sent it to us free to try out, and even provided the hoster....very nice folks! After seeing both, I think I can honestly say that this machine does not have all the features of the tricaster, but it wasnt designed to do video switching either. All this box does is stream and store the video, At that job it had more options than i could ever think of using..... oh and the go stream will do push and pull as well...
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques