Pre-Ceremony Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pre-Ceremony Highlight

Posted another video on my website (www.zandlproductions.com). This is the pre-ceremony video and the rest will be online within the next few weeks. I toned down the effect usage from the last video i posted.

Unfortunately, when in the grooms room it was very dark so you will see more grain due to this. I'm really thinking of purchasing a LitePanel Mini to help with some of these problems. Brides footage was shot with a Sony FX1 and the groom was shot with a Sony HC1. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Last edited by Zach Stewart; June 24th, 2007 at 03:08 PM.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Major Player

I like your site. Very simple & elegant. I had some probs with the flash. After tinkering a couple minutes I got it to work -- and here I am trying to go from wmv TO flash. I think you have good timing. Probably the most helpful criticism I could offer is to get more shots that flatter the bride. I don't remember her standing up...you might try to stage some shots with her that would make her look surreal. I like the glow effect now and then, lots of slo-mo and some black and white. You pry didn't have a lot to work with as far as architecture, but that can help a bride look elegant as well.

Godspeed!
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Maybe inter-cut the two preparation sequences. Instead of showing all of the bride then all of the groom, cut from some of her to some of him and so on. Would make it look like they are getting ready at the same time. Also, use your best stuff and be willing to throw some shots out. Very good work though. Are you really offering 50% off your services? Why?!
Old June 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #4
Still Motion

Hi Zach,

It looks pretty good to me. I like the editing, I think you had a grea pace and a nice mix of shots. The shot of the shoes with the bride in the background was really excellent. I liked how you showed some of the bride getting ready, then over to the groom, then back to the bride. I might try to get some more shots of the details to mix into some of your longer sequences where the same thing, more or less, is happening. I might also try, and this is personal preference, to cut around some of the shots where you show people talking, especially when you aren't including any of the natural audio.

For your type of shooting, I think you would absolutely love a 35mm adapter.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

50% Off

MBA101, deep discounts on your products only make your products appear inferior. Maybe you should try 15-20%. 50% off is usually associated with going out of business :) Your site and videos look good btw.
Pete Costanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thank you all for the comments. I'll reconsider the 50% deal...its really not 50% off its just my way of easily explaining in 6 months why my prices are doubling basically. right now i'm just getting started and needed a few paying demos under my belt and i've started to get that and once i see that its coming around i'm raising my prices. Maybe 50% off isn't quite the right approach.

new website being built. should be up within the next couple of months. hopefully it will receive the same comments as did my 10 minute html basic site lol. love this forum and the insite i get from it. thanks again.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques