Price too good? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hey guys,

I went to BH today to see the V8 upgrade for $99 and could not find it. Could this have been a promo?
Also, they sell V6 cd for $79 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...o_Editing.html . What is going on?

Al
Old December 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I am so happy for you.
Joseph Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #18
Major Player

Vegas 8 Pro upgrade from 6 or 7 for $99 is here @ B&H Photo:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Vegas_Pro.html
It's actually in their consumer video editing section. I found it with a search on their site for "Vegas 8 Pro upgrade."
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Be advised that B&H forgot to tell you that you must have either Vegas 6 or 7 on your machine for this to work.
The Upgrade to Vegas 8 Pro thread on the Sony Vegas forum spells this out quite clearly.
Look for the reply from user Mountain Ghost for the details.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mathews View Post
Okay guys it did work. Got the vegas 6 and the pro 8 upgrade. The only hiccup is I run XP x64 and had installation problems. Vegas 6 installed fine but when I went to install the 8 upgrade it needs .net framework 3.0 which by default will try to install the 32bit version which will kick you out of the intall program. Now instead of going to windows website and trying to find the program you need, I just realized you can probably browse the disk and find it. Then it installed fine..
Todd,

Did you try DVD Architect? Did it come on the Vegas 6 disk? If not, did the upgrade create the latest version (4.5)?

I am thinking about doing the same thing.

Chris Barnes
Chris Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #21
Major Player

I personally know of two others that went this route... Vegas 6 to Pro 8 upgrade. DVDA Pro 4.5 is bundled with no further strings attached in the Pro 8 upgrade disc, in spite of the V6 disc not having any DVDA. If you qualify for the V8 Pro installation, you'll get access to DVDA Pro 4.5 as well :-)
Sam Houchins II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Not exactly on topic, but FYI when I was looking into After Effects I found an older version online (I think at Amazon) for not much and all the upgrades have been free of problems and 100% OK for activation. If you search around you can often find older versions of most popular software that can be upgraded. Your mileage may vary, caveat emptor, etc, but I saved a bundle this way. Haven't checked to see if older versions of Vegas are still available, but it's possible.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #23
Regular Crew

I just did it.

Vegas Pro 8, DVDA 4.5, Media Manager, etc.

Just this past minute

Works fine...

But I paid 99 for V6 and now it says 79...

Go figure
Melvin Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Price too good?

Hi,

I just bought the $99 upgrade to Vegas 8 and was hugely impressed with the service from B&H. I placed the order on Friday morning and the package reached me in the UK on Monday morning - not bad when you think it had to be parcelled, sent to the airport, put on a plane, flown over the Atlantic etc., etc.

Just a word of warning. The postage was $35.55 on top of which I had to pay a handling charge, import duty and VAT amounting to £24.88 (approx. $50). Puts the price up a bit (to something like $185) but it's still a very good bargain as the DVDA upgrade is included as well.

First impressions? Very favourable although I've still to test it out properly as I only installed it yesterday.

Richard Jones
Richard Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #25
Major Player

I decided to grab this offer while it was around. I made my order from B&H on the 9th. And it arrived on the 15th. Damn quick. Considering i live down under. :) (didnt pick it up until today 19th). So i'll install it all tomorrow and see if ti works (20th). lol

Hopefully having had the trial in wont stuff anything up. I remember checking out v7 and its rendering options seemed better for a few formats then what v8 offers (e.g. PSP output had templates for 480x272 in v7, but in v8 it was 480x270. in v8 i seemed to have very poor quality and 'something is stuffed' output when it come to AVC or MPEG2 rendering). Something must have been broke. SO i really hope now i finally get the full version that it wont repeat and will be quality, as i seen in v7 when i tested it.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Got my Vegas 6 and Vegas 8 upgrade in the mail today from B&H....

works great, no issues....

for those wondering, you do need to install Vegas 6 first, open Vegas 6 to load the SN, then install Vegas 8, open Vegas 8 to load SN...

then I un-installed Vegas 6, after making sure I didn't want any of the plugins there...

Works like a charm... actually very nice program... I can't wait to test some output disks...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM   #27
Trustee

bought it =D. was looking for this too!!! =D. thx2everyone!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM   #28
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

99 upgrade is better then the upgrade special ( i think it was good for 3 weeks) intro price sony gave V7 owners !!! i think we got a "special" 149 price !!!
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #29
Regular Crew

I just bought vegas 6 and the pro upgrade. Thanx for the awsome money saver find. I have vista ultimate 64 bit. What's the best way to get this program installed correctly? I hear vegas 6 doesnt install well on vista or something. Anyone have some ideas. Thanx chris
Chris Wysocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #30
Rick Johnson

Upgrade to Vegas Pro 8

I’m running a new Vista machine and I bought the B&H upgrade to Vegas Pro 8. Unlike the upgrade to VP8 that Sony sells directly, Vegas 6 (or 7) has to be installed for the B&H upgrade to work. I called Sony and they told me to install Vegas 6, register it, install the upgrade to Vegas Pro 8 and then don’t touch Vegas 6 again. I also needed to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 (along with Service Pack 1).

So, Vegas 6 will install on a Vista machine . . . just don’t run it.

I did this in December, but in January, I read about another more direct solution Sony will provide that leaves Vegas 6 off the machine altogether:

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.ph...494#post809494

It sounds like a better way to go:

RJ

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...