how was this done? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Ha! Sorry Jeff!

Like I say, the only experience I have of it was from the end result in the montage video, which did look pretty good.

Hope you have better luck next time around!

Cheers,

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #17
Inner Circle

OK Fellas. I just talked with the man himself. Apparently Steve of Glass Eye video uses tracking on his website and saw a large number of posts coming back to here...so he eventually found this thread!

He called me and generously shared his method...he uses a program (he's Mac) Mac Mosaic to create the mosaic image, and then After Effects for the Zoom and stuff. He thinks Andrea Mosaic would work fine.

I'm sorry he saw the "shoddy" comment, but we know there was no intention for him to see that. Besides, I agree with Ian, he does do some outstanding work.

Thanks everyone!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Ouch - actually 'shoddy' was a very poor choice of word. I really meant 'shaky' and I apologise unreservedly if I caused any offence to you Steve (if you read this).

My reasoning for the comment was that there are several obviously hand held shots which kinda let down the otherwise great artistic effects in the demo clips.

Again, no personal offence intended, just a straight criticism of what I saw.

Oh MAN, now I feel bad!!!!!!!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #19
Major Player

After effects is very time consuming but if you do it right, your photo mosiac in AE can be replicated so that the next time you create one, it will take 1/4 or less of the time when you replicate it.

I suggest watching Total Training series on AE for anyone who wants to learn more.
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Actually Jon, if I recall correctly you lent me that video to watch a year ago and I was overwhelmed and gave up too quickly and returned it to you. Having played with AE a bit recently, while it IS daunting, it doesn't seem nearly as difficult to me now as it did then, but I have so little time at present I can't even play with it much.

Anyway thanks for the tip!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...