which audio plugin?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Major Player

which audio plugin??

I could probably figure this out by playing, but I trust that I'll find a quicker answer here. I'm using vegas 8 and working on a demo. I have an audio track pulled from a ceremony with the pastor speaking. It's very clean, but to sound more natural, I left in some of the ambient sound from another mic. This gives a bit of an echo or resonance. I would like to remove that just a bit to make the track a little more solid and flat since I'm putting it under other video clips for this demo. What is the best way or the best plug in to use for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance !
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 08:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I can think of two ways of doing this and neither require a plug-in.

The first is to simply lower the volume of the ambient track until you get it to where it sounds good.
The second is to try "sliding" the ambient track to reduce the echo.
I find this easier to do with "Quantize to Frames" turned off as you're "sliding" it in less than 1-frame increments.
1 frame is 0.033 sec. and that's a lot of audio, hence the reason for disabling it.
Start the video playing, click the ambient track to select it and start "sliding" it by pressing the 1 or 3 keys (on the numeric keypad). Set as desired.
Hope this helps.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:09 AM   #3

you might also try leaving the ambient track where it is in the mix, EQing and compressing it in the mix for more natural follow. Our ears are pretty sensitive, and slipping the timing might cause some oddities, including occasional phase issues. Be sure to test your mix in mono, just for giggles, although it shouldn' be an issue at all.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...