What happened to Douglas Spotted Vegas 8 Book? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 31st, 2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What happened to Douglas Spotted Vegas 8 Book?

I thought the book was to be released March 28/08, is it delayed? I am looking forward to be getting the book but its not available yet and I remember reading the release date to be March 28/08. Anyone able to get there copy of the book yet or were you able to buy from Chapters or Indigo?
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

anyone??? And ideas?
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Check out Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Vegas-Pro-8-Ed...7022939&sr=8-1
Randy
Randy Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Randy, but I already checked out Amazon and other online stores and no one seems to have them. I am wondering if its been delayed. Guess I will just have to wait.
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM   #5

It's shipping, I rec'd my copies a couple of weeks ago, and a few folks have written to me about receiving theirs.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon a couple months ago. It's in the capable hands of the US Postal Service as I write this.

Pete
Clark Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thank you Douglas for the update. Hopefully it will be available at our nearby bookstore (Indigo/Chapters).
Old April 5th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #8
Regular Crew

i got my copy the other day ... always get a lot out of these books and good refresher...

early typos i have noticed in the first few pages...

edit details window shortcut listed as Alt+4 instead of Alt+6...video preview window listed as Alt+6 instead of Alt+4...

Track Control pane can be removed by using shortcut Shift +F12 instead of Shift+F11...

...can really throw off a first time user learning vegas...
Matthew Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I am picking up my copy from post office today. Very excited about it as I am a beginner in editing and I am sure this book will really help me out a lot. Any reviews/feedback from people who also received their copy as to what they think and if the book is indeed helpful?

Cheers.
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I ordered mine from indigo.ca last week. Just got a confirmation email from them yesterday to confirm it was shipping now. I should receive it tomorrow or Friday at the most. Can't wait to look at it!

Benoit
Benoit Bissonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #11
Regular Crew

...as i mentioned above ... i always get a lot out of these books and always a good refresher...i have the vegas 5 book and currently going through this new one...

...i would recommend when reading the book to have vegas 8 open to go along with the text and shortcuts...you'll find some shortcut typos and screen shot captions that should actually go to other screen shots and even some outdated screen shots from previous Vegas versions...i.e. a Track Motion screen shot and the text in the book showing and explaning the big F in the Track Motion window...but the F left Track Motion i believe in Vegas 4 and resides in Pan/Crop not Track Motion...

...all in all still definitely worth having...and the dvd always has a lot of good veg files...
Matthew Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Any chance of something similar geared towards Platinum? Or does a lot of Vegas 8 Pro correlate well?
Rick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #13
Sponsor: JET DV

The Movie Studio versions are a subset of the pro version. So... there will be some things that are not in the Movie Studio version but the parts that ARE in the Movie Studio version will operate the same.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 04:10 AM   #14
Regular Crew

What happened to Douglas Spotted Vegas 8 Book?

Recieved my copy (in the UK) this morning. Because it does not seem to be available here I ordered it from America - order placed on 4 April so a fortnight and a day to have it ordered, packed, sent to the airport, cross the pond and go through the UK airport and postal services to reach me in good condition is pretty impressive service.

Now looking foprward to reading it - the Vegas 6 version became a "bible," especially when read in conjunction with the VASST instruction DVDs.

Best Wishes,

Richard Jones
Richard Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Diaz View Post
Any chance of something similar geared towards Platinum? Or does a lot of Vegas 8 Pro correlate well?
There is an "Instant Vegas Movie Studio" book available at Amazon, etc, authored by myself and John Rofrano.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...