Split screen Half Rolling Credits-Half Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 7th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Split screen Half Rolling Credits-Half Video

Hi,
I have Vegas Pro 8 & DVD Architect. I would like to make a split screen with one half being rolling text and the other showing a video clip. The following is an example of what I want to do;
On the left side of the screen I would like to show a persons name rolling from the top to the bottom slowly and at the same time a short video clip on the right side of that person. Once the text is rolled off the screen I would like to repeat the same process with a different name and video clip of that person.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Use Pan/Crop to size and place the video where you want it. I always use the "safe zone' grid to insure I'm still in play with the video. For the credits, do your credit roll as you normally would then use the Pan/Crop to size and place it on the opposite side. Again I use the 'safe zones' grid to insure proper placement.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Is this the type of thing you mean? I've used some (poor quality) still images instead of video but the the technique is the same. I didn't use pan/crop for the titles - just used the placement property on a transparent background and keyframed the movement

I've attached a .veg for you - when you run it you'll get a message that the media I used can't be found - just replace it with one of your own.

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: veg titles.veg (27.4 KB, 362 views)
Ian Briscoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...