Pro type Titler question about "Fly in" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pro type Titler question about "Fly in"

I searched for this topic and found a long thread that turned into a discussion on how flying text is a juvenile taste that conveys the presence of an amateur.

I am an amateur; however, I am not a juvenile. If I keep trying to use this titler, I may just cry like a baby!

So we have this established on to the question.

I start by draging the "empty" preset in the Pro Type titler to the time line.
I then chose the the Fly in templet from the "collections" and drag it in to the time line of the Media Generator. Pressing play starts the text and the words "The Brown Fox" fly in.

Now the problem
I double right or left click in the window to edit the text.
so far so good. I enter my text.
but If I delete the T" in the word "The" of The brown fox, I loose all of the attributes of this animation.

I cannot just change the text with my own without loosing the flyin part of this.

So thats my question or problem.

Anyone have a clue?
Paul Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Trustee

I've only just started looking at Protitler and had exactly the same problem - and can't remember how I got around it! :-(

I've got something presentable but am really flying blind on it - have no understanding of how it works.

I aen't strictly a juvenile either...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 01:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The reason you loose the fly in effect when you delete the letter "T" is because there is a feature in the ProType Titler called "cascade". "Cascading keyframes simplify animation by allowing you to animate a character, word, or line of text and then apply those keyframe settings to sibling items in the text block" (quoted from the help tool). This saves you tons of time for complex text effects. You just have to remember to turn it off before making any keyframe changes and then turn it back on to allow the new change to affect the siblings.

So in this case... all the sizing keyframes used for the "T" are also applied to all the other characters in the line and by deleting the "T" you are also deleting the keyframing that makes it look like it is flying in. If you want that effect don't delete anything... just double click on the text box in the workspace and highlight all the text and retype what you want and then hit esc to exit the text edit mode.

Hope this helps.

Ron
Ron Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Anderson View Post
The reason you loose the fly in effect when you delete the letter "T" is because there is a feature in the ProType Titler called "cascade". "Cascading keyframes simplify animation by allowing you to animate a character, word, or line of text and then apply those keyframe settings to sibling items in the text block" (quoted from the help tool). This saves you tons of time for complex text effects. You just have to remember to turn it off before making any keyframe changes and then turn it back on to allow the new change to affect the siblings.

So in this case... all the sizing keyframes used for the "T" are also applied to all the other characters in the line and by deleting the "T" you are also deleting the keyframing that makes it look like it is flying in. If you want that effect don't delete anything... just double click on the text box in the workspace and highlight all the text and retype what you want and then hit esc to exit the text edit mode.

Hope this helps.

Ron
Bingo thanks. now I won't cry it works
Paul Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Re: Pro type Titler question about "Fly in"

Ron,
I don't know but I must be doing something wrong with it; I clicked on that "blue" toggle cascade icon by "character T" and letter T is still highlighted... when I retype it it deletes letter T....how to do that??? It should be so easy. see attached
Attached Thumbnails
Pro type Titler question about "Fly in"-vegastitler.png  
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

What are you trying to do? Change the keyframing or just change the text?
Ron Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Major Player

just change text, but I can't change that "T"
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Sponsor: JET DV

You have to highlight all the text and then start typing. You CANNOT delete the "T".
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...