DVD-5 or DVD-9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Major Player

DVD-5 or DVD-9

I can get 2 hours of good video on a DVD-5, but what do you guys do when a project goes longer? I could break the project into two discs or use a DVD-9. Have you guys had much luck with DVDA and DVD-9's? Any compatibility issues?
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I personally break up the project. I find the dual-layer discs too pricey for me, I keep waiting for the prices too drop.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Major Player

I don't mind paying more for the DL DVD's, I'm just trying to avoid compatibility problems in the future. It would be easier to burn the video to one DL disc rather than 2 single layer.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I wait till there is a good Deal at my local Staples or office max on the DL discs and stock up, Never had any issues with the DL discs .....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #5
Major Player

Actually DL DVDs

can be a pain to burn well, choose carefully, the layer change needs to be at roughly 50% of the way through, but I've made many coasters using DVDA and dual layer, always the culprit is when the DVD player goes to the next layer, usually causing the player to crash.
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...