Vegas and a PSD - blurry? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Trustee

Vegas and a PSD - blurry?

I am working on a large 2000 X 2000 pixel PSD - I have brought it into Vegas 7 and I am working with it, but when I render it out (using Project settings 720 X 480), it is jagged and blurry. What should I do to fix this?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

What are you doing to it? Are you zooming in and panning? If yes, are you using Track Motion or Pan/Crop? For zooming and panning, you MUST use Pan/Crop. Also, you should render using "Best".
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #3
Trustee

I was using the Track tool for some 3D moves on the text. But I think it is because I have zoomed in too close to the text, but it still seems weird. Thanks Ed.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Can we assume that it isn't blurry/jagged while editing and previewing it? If that's true, could you get more specific about your render settings? What file format (wmv, mov, mpeg...)? What bitrate?
Andrew Kufahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Go ahead and use Track Motion for the 3D stuff. But use Pan/Crop to zoom in. Pan/Crop uses the full resolution of the image. Track Motion uses the resolution of the video display. So, for example, if you were using a 2000x2000 image on NTSC DV, Pan/Crop would use the 2000x2000 size while Track Motion would use the 720x480 after it had resized to fit.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...