vegas and bootcamp - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
I'd just like to add that I have an Imac, and have run Vegas in boot camp and Parallels. It works fine, EXCEPT, the audio is screwed up. Audio is fine in any other windows application, but plays back weirdly in Vegas.

When playing back from the timeline, I get these digital sounding beeps and boops, almost like dropped frames or overly compressed audio files, but there's nothing wrong with the source material. Unfortunately, these beeps and boops end up in the renders, not just playback.

I tried updating the sound drivers for Windows, and it seemed to help for a while, but now it's crappy again. Basically can't use Vegas for anything.

It's Windows XP, if that matters.
I had something similar until I got a Presonus Firebox and now it's super quite and very true to whatever I recorded. Its a great soundcard.
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #17
Slash Rules!

Can you put new sound cards in an Imac, though? I thought it was kind of a closed system. Anyway, I think it's a Vegas problem 'cause everything else works fine.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Whelden View Post
Has anyone had any experience using Vegas on the bootcamp side of a MacBook Pro, for example? Is it too slow and clunky or just fine?
Apple works fine. But I wouldnt invest in two workflows. You will end up with twice as many files and multiple operating systems.

At the end of the day you need less complication so that your archive is as simple as possible.
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #19
Trustee

Sounds interesting. I have been wanting to go the way of the Mac but I love Vegas too much to let it go. Jason, are you able to read SxS directly in bootcamp with Sony's transcoder sw? I m thinking of running both FCPS2 and Vegas Pro 8 in the same MBP. Not sure if that would screw things up big time!

Of cse, the final concern is blueray support. I'm wondering if the Macs would be supporting them in the next generation of MBP.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
Can you put new sound cards in an Imac, though? I thought it was kind of a closed system. Anyway, I think it's a Vegas problem 'cause everything else works fine.
It's a firewire soundcard so you just plug it into an open firewire port and install the software.
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #21
Major Player

Sean, that is exactly what I am using FCP on Mac and Vegas on XP/Bootcamp... SxS works awsome in the express card slot with either OS... Workflow is excellent!! Best of both worlds...
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...