Mixing 24 fps Animation and Live action - then rendering... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mixing 24 fps Animation and Live action - then rendering...

I recently took some footage off of a commerical DVD using AVS DVD-to-go. It creates AVI files of the clips you select. BTW the live action footage looks fines if you play in Windows media Player as an AVI.

I am re-editing this footage with NEW speical effects created as .png images and importing them as a string of images.

I am using Veags 7 and have the properties of the timeline set to 24p NTSC DVD to take advantage of the 24 fps images. Interlace is none as this is progressive.

When I render all of this together (DVDA 24p NTSC video stream) I get good results except that some of the live action footage ripped from the DVD is jerky in spots - as though there is a problem with the 24p timeline. If I change the timeline to interlace 29.97 fps then the animation clips (images) start having problems - some doulbe images etc. as it tries to conform to the 29.97 fps output.

Is there a better way to combine these different formats? A properties setting that is more forgiving?

Thanks as always.

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! ..."
Phil Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...