Importing V8 Markers for chapters into DVDA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Major Player

Importing V8 Markers for chapters into DVDA

Somewhere I read about when rendering, using a setting to import the markers in Vegas 8 into DVDA. I now cannot see how to do this. The project is PAL, about 54 mins. with about 5 markers (for chapters) in the final, best quality DVD.

I have not used DVDA before so am a complete novice with this program. During editing, I used "Selectively render" in V8 using Main Concept MPEG-2 & DVD PAL separate streams, settings. (Hope this was OK !). I have yet to do the title & credits before final rendering which I hope should be fairly quick due to having it pre-render.

NOW, - what setting should I use in the final render file in V8 before importing it into to DVDA ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Trustee

Just press M to inssert a marker. Render as a single file, being sure to check "Include Markers."
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

When you render out the the file, set the "Save markers ..." (forget the exact words) checkbox in the render dialog. Then in DVDA, you may need to use the "Load markers" button.

And rendering as seperate streams is a good idea:

i recently had a situation where a video that took 5 hours to render and i realised i had a problem in the audio. Because they were seperate files -- audio & video -- i was able to make the correction and just re-render the audio and replace it into the DVDA project.
Mark Stavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Mark & Paul.
I notice there is a DVDA PAL video stream in the templates. Is this a good one to use or should I stay with the previous settings ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes, the DVD PAL template (DVDA video stream) is a good one to use. And as i mentioned earlier, i recommend the use of separate audio/video streams, ideal for going between Vegas and DVDA.
Mark Stavar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...