Timelapse question - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:06 AM   #31
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
Excuse me guys,i ve just applyed the trick of the 6 frames(thank you STEVE), but now after the script i have thousands of PNG of the pictures i put on the folder...Now shoul i drag n drop theese thousands on the timeline?

Thx
yes. but before you do, make sure you change the preferences so that new media put on the timeline only get 1 frame and that there is no crossfade time. Then you can literally select them all and drag and drop them on the timeline.

I used that approach as well as the "speed it up, render out uncompressed, reimport, speed it up again" to make this video of clouds in a thunderstorm in Boise. I left in some audio in strategic places as well as added a little punch to the blue sky. But other than that, it only took me a few hours to do. Source footage was over an hour.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:41 AM   #32
Trustee

Hi Jason iliked your TL! I think there will be another way to import thousands of pictures on the timeline.
Is it recomended to use png or jpg?
Thx and have a nice weekend overseas
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Marcus, whenever I'm importing a large number of images, I prefer to use the still image sequence option.
Make sure all your images are properly sequentially numbered and in the same folder.
Click Import, browse to the folder, click on the first image and then click "Open still image sequence" box at the bottom of this window.
To the right of this box you'll see a range box that should show you the correct number range.
Click Open and adjust any necessary parameters in the box that comes up.
Click OK when you're done and the sequence is added to Project Media as a completed file that, when added to the timeline, will play from start to end.

I prefer to use PNG images as it's a lossless format and, if I need to do any corrections to it in Photoshop, it won't degrade in quality.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:26 PM   #34
Trustee

Mike,thanks a lot buddy;i ve just finished to do it....So you guys think this is the better way to do it right?
thx a lot, u have been very helpful
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:00 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Marcus, I do it the way I mentioned whenever I get an animation that I need to turn into a video clip.
I find that it's very quick and easy.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM   #36
Trustee

I ve rendered it:it appears slow even if i put 300% envelope and i streched hitting ctrl and dragged to left at the end of the clip.Maybe i should rerender in HDV 1080 50i (with the double of velocity)?Will i get loss of quality?

thx
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:01 PM   #37
Tourist

Hello,

I have a problem with the image sequence script: how do I get the pictures to be in 720p (1280x720) resolution rather than in the default (640x480) one?

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Luka
Luka Urbac is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...