Haunted by past frames in Vegas 8c at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 20th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Haunted by past frames in Vegas 8c

I just wondered if anyone knew why past frames sometimes pop up later in a project timeline where they don't belong?

I never had this problem in earlier versions of Vegas, but it has happened in Vegas 8 several times to me now.

How weird is this?!?!?!?!?

I'm doing an instructional video, and I had a shot of a circuit board. I wanted to superimpose some information about components, so I created a timeline above the main timeline and masked in component identification graphics.
I later changed my mind and did an animation instead, and I deleted the whole sequence from my timeline. Everything seemed fine.
When the project was done, I rendered it to a cineform master. And on double checking it, saw that the objects I had masked in (a sequence I erased) now appeared LATER in the video on top of another sequence, yet I see them no where on the time line.

How can this be, and can I get rid of them!?!

With Vegas 8, I've several times had a spurious frame turn up somewhere far out of place in a project, and I just deleted the spurious frame (weird, but fixable). But I can't delete frames in this case because they appear over other footage I need.

Am I doing something karmically wrong to incur these ghosts!?! :-)

Thanks!
Walt Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

A couple things I'd try are:

1. Reduce the "Ram Render" amount to a small value (in the 16 to 128 range)
2. Reboot before rendering
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Thanks. That did it, I think... I also reloaded suspicious clips...
Walt Noon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...